close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Plates, Cups and Flatware

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by blastfact, Jun 11, 2012.

1. blastfact

blastfact

Am I a sick SOB for wanting to eat my food off of quality China, Stoneware and Flatware? I can't stand cheap *** Wal-Mart or Sears crap. Paper Plate's and plastic flatware I refuse to use. I would rather have food served to me in a paper sleeve and use my fingers than to have to deal with styrofoma and plastic.

I just scored a 12 place setting of Royal Doulton Brown and Gold Mayfair pattern H.4905. And some plated flateware I haven't looked into yet. Hauled it off and didn't cost me a dime. :)

I enjoy eating off of quality dishes. The wife likes the cheap ****. :(

2. GAFinch

GAFinch

No arguments here. I get ridiculed for drinking out of glasses instead of plastic cups.

3. Blackshirts

Blackshirts

No matter what it is served on, it all forms a turd.

I have 3 big plastic cups that I use and just rotate them. I pretty much only drink water so the cup is good for the a day. As far as dishes I don't care. I don't use paper plates for the same reason I don't buy bottled water. I already have plates at home. Mismatched and nothing fancy, but they work.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  4. Whiskey Six

Whiskey Six Marine 0369 Platinum Member

:rofl::rofl::faint:

5. treeline

treeline

"What a snob. I use whatever container is handy because I'm not some effete metrosexual. An empty tobaccy can is perfectly good for soup."

"I only eat off china plates hand-crafted by virgins and throw them out after 1 use. Don't hate me because I have standards."

6. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Why does it matter so much to you, OP? I'm more concerned with the food than the serving vessel. Especially high quality dishes versus medium quality dishes. Are you in the country club set?

Give me your bad stuff, and I'll blow it to pieces at the range! Heck, I'll blast your good stuff too.

7. blastfact

blastfact

I'm so glad to have this setting. I've had the very best Brisket, Feral, Matzoh Balls and Potato Cakes ever made served to me on these dish's in years past. Mena was a fantastic cook. And in her mind all men should eat in comfort with a tad of class!

May God Bless Mena and Harold's Soul!!!!!

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

I just want to say that, as a Libertarian, I support the right for you people to marry if you wanna.

9. arclight610

arclight610

My IKEA plates work fine.

10. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

[​IMG]

Try not to confuse the formal dinner setting (above) with the family dinner setting (below) lest you cause emotional distress.

[​IMG]

:eat:

11. blastfact

blastfact

Wife and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary yesterday. And yes we had a good range day. :) But I always count the 3 years we lived together. So for me it was 21 years. :) ( a life time ) I was doing good to get the new Nautica out for use yesterday. I bought a 16 place setting a few years ago to use as basic holiday / entertainment. She wanted to use the tacky *** Cornell Wal-Mart Grandkid Crap! I wanted to use the solid silver and late 1700's China.

Am I a Metro? No,,, I'm a Okie/Arkie Redneck boy. But I like my simple comforts. And so does my Calico Kitty. Miss****ytiddy*****kitty likes her 200 year old food bowl. And loves guarding my reloading bench. :)

12. blastfact

blastfact

You forgot the G20/ M&P .45 or Smith .357 just right of the service. With Mags or speed loaders on the left of service. You really need to bone up!

13. blastfact

blastfact

Do they come with a Allen Wrench? Or would that be a key? :faint:

14. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

As long as it's clean I'll eat out of a used hubcap. Doesn't bother me any.

15. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Back when I was in my early thirties and going from crap jobs into my first decent ones, I ended up going into a Williams Sonoma and blowing $600 on some Guy DeGrenne 18/10 stainless French flatware.

Here's a visual to what I was leaving behind:

Remember your bachelor days with your cheap kMart flatware when trying to dig in a little too early to some still hard frozen ice cream earned you a bent spoon?

That happened once too often and I just lost it. No more cheap crap. I went out and bought some REAL flatware.

And if you think its expensive, you'd be wrong. Its so durable and beautiful I'll be using it when I'm 80, and it will survive me and make someone very happy at my estate sale when I'm dead for another couple of generations. Its gorgeous for every day and even good enough for fancy Sunday dinner.

Its not like you're ever gonna stop eating. Have some class and buy some nice ****.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  16. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

How long did it take you to assemble them?

17. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Off all the things that seperate us from the third world, what we eat off of and the utensils we use are two of the most important. HH

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  18. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy

We have china cabinets stuffed "good" china and crystal, as well as the other "good stuff that we use for special ocassions and also another everyday set of dishes and glasses.
    And what do we use?
    Usually red plastic cups, paper plates and plastic forks and spoons!
    Heck, even one of cats demands a red cup in the master bathroom and one on the end table in the great room where my wife sits and reads!
    Only in America.

19. BEER

BEER bad example

i don't know if it's southern thing, or a growing up dirt poor thing, but in my world if the container has a resealable lid it gets recycled and used as tupperware. hell i was almost 30 years old before i found out that mason jars weren't originally meant to be used as teas glasses.

you know why man invented masking tape? so rednecks can label their leftovers and save time hunting in the fridge for the actual butter. lol

20. BEER

BEER bad example

i just wanted to quote this for posterity. a piece of comedy gold like that should not go unrecognized. roflmao