close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Plastic license

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Timotheous46, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Timotheous46

Timotheous46

Am I the only pilot who was asleep and didn’t know that my paper pilot’s license would be void on March 31, 2010? :wow:

I just happened to read about it on page one of the March AOPA magazine. I do not remember hearing or reading anything about needing to get a plastic license from the FAA.

I just finished applying for one on line with the FAA.

Tim

2. coqui33

coqui33 NRA Instructor

No. You are not the only one. Thank you for posting this. I just paid them $2 for a new plastic license.

3. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

It's been big news for the past couple of years, along with the requirement to re-apply for a replacement certificate which states that you're English Proficient.

You're not the only one, but you're one of the very few.

4. Timotheous46

Timotheous46

I knew about the English endorsement, but didn’t care as it wasn’t a requirement. That the license wouldn’t be worth the paper it was printed on was a surprise.

5. Skyhook

Skyhook

I got mine at OSH last Aug.

When you get the plastic thang, check out the date... it will not be the same as that on your paper job. Some pilots mentioned that at the last safety seminar I attended last month and they were not liking it one bit.

So, do not throw the old one away.. preserve it if the original issue date means anything to you.