close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Plant and grass eating

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by streeter69, Jan 24, 2006.

1. streeter69

streeter69 This is Kewl

Have a question.

I just put my old cat outside and all he did was head to the lawn take a few mouth fulls and come back to the door. Seeing I am moving to Arizona, should I pick up one of those stupid chiapet thingys for him?

Thanks

2. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Well, they say that they're supposed to be good for the cat. But I don't know first hand. At the very least, your cat will love you because you bought him a great big treat.;f

;g

;8 ;I

3. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

They eat grass mostly if they have an upset tummy or to help purge hairballs (in the case of a kat)

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

No, not a chia pet ~rf

Know a farmer? If so, grab some of his oat, barley and wheat seed. Mix it and sprout it for kitty. If not, pick up a packet of premixed seed from Petsmart or something similair--yeah, it is freaking high at $4 for that itty bitty pack but who needs 50 lbs of each of those seed sitting around in the way......

Then sprout some every 3-4 weeks for kitty. SOW HEAVY!!! Add what you think is way too much then double it! If not, it won't be nice and thick for kitty. You will start to notice when the current grass is going toes up and get the timing for fresh about right after a few times.

Fred got grass for Christmas this year since I am slacking off on keeping his sprouted for him :) ;g