Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
15,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICtsXNtf_GQ&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR03lwjX7H66nxgJOm--16OPk79FazM8KepQQ118vHi8Ddd-sVszRMaLDXs&ab_channel=pandorasmouth

ABOUT THE FILM Humanity is imprisoned by a killer pandemic. People are being arrested for surfing in the ocean and meditating in nature. Nations are collapsing. Hungry citizens are rioting for food. The media has generated so much confusion and fear that people are begging for salvation in a syringe. Billionaire patent owners are pushing for globally mandated vaccines. Anyone who refuses to be injected with experimental poisons will be prohibited from travel, education and work. No, this is not a synopsis for a new horror movie. This is our current reality.

·
Registered
32,284 Posts
I believe she nailed it. I don't trust our government as far as I can throw a bus. I think our rights are being taken away little at a time so we won't know we don't have any until they're all gone. Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist.
I’ve been saying for a decade or so, the we frogs are being boiled. I’m just surprised they turned up the heat all of a sudden. This will be interesting to see how this plays out. I better brush up on trauma skills.

·
Registered
13,439 Posts
Politicians who already favor big government are using this as an excuse to enact more big government. Why people cannot accept the obvious and most plausible explanation is beyond me. The video is a combo of anti-vaccine paranoia and 9/11 truther logic.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
I’ve been saying for a decade or so, the we frogs are being boiled. I’m just surprised they turned up the heat all of a sudden. This will be interesting to see how this plays out. I better brush up on trauma skills.
I believe that China’s “oops”
moment has been exploited by almost every government on earth to expand their power. They are enjoying this.

I also believe that the power hungry of the world now have a blueprint of how to increase that power even further.

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see this happen again; but with a deadlier pathogen.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Politicians who already favor big government are using this as an excuse to enact more big government. Why people cannot accept the obvious and most plausible explanation is beyond me. The video is a combo of anti-vaccine paranoia and 9/11 truther logic.
Most plausible is not always the right explanation, or the truth.

Being a "conspiracy theorist" in the minds of many is as bad as being called a racist or a bigot. People in the modern world have developed an irrational fear of appearing irrational, so they will most often accept the explanation that seems "most plausible" so they aren't labeled, or so that it doesn't upset their neatly ordered worldview.

I think it's foolish to accept whatever is thrown out there as the most plausible without considering other alternatives.

The following are excerpts from the text of CIA document 1035-960 which is where some say that the term "conspiracy theorist" originated. It is instructions on how to shut down discourse that doesn't go along with the official narrative on the assassination of JFK.

CIA Document #1035-960

RE: Concerning Criticism of the Warren Report

1. Our Concern. From the day of President Kennedy's assassination on, there has been speculation about the responsibility for his murder. Although this was stemmed for a time by the Warren Commission report, (which appeared at the end of September 1964), various writers have now had time to scan the Commission's published report and documents for new pretexts for questioning, and there has been a new wave of books and articles criticizing the Commission's findings. In most cases the critics have speculated as to the existence of some kind of conspiracy, and often they have implied that the Commission itself was involved. Presumably as a result of the increasing challenge to the Warren Commission's report, a public opinion poll recently indicated that 46% of the American public did not think that Oswald acted alone, while more than half of those polled thought that the Commission had left some questions unresolved. Doubtless polls abroad would show similar, or possibly more adverse results.

Innuendo of such seriousness affects not only the individual concerned, but also the whole reputation of the American government. Our organization itself is directly involved: among other facts, we contributed information to the investigation. Conspiracy theories have frequently thrown suspicion on our organization, for example by falsely alleging that Lee Harvey Oswald worked for us. The aim of this dispatch is to provide material countering and discrediting the claims of the conspiracy theorists, so as to inhibit the circulation of such claims in other countries. Background information is supplied in a classified section and in a number of unclassified attachments.

3. Action. We do not recommend that discussion of the assassination question be initiated where it is not already taking place. Where discussion is active [business] addresses are requested:

a. To discuss the publicity problem with [?] and friendly elite contacts (especially politicians and editors), pointing out that the Warren Commission made as thorough an investigation as humanly possible, that the charges of the critics are without serious foundation, and that further speculative discussion only plays into the hands of the opposition. Point out also that parts of the conspiracy talk appear to be deliberately generated by Communist propagandists. Urge them to use their influence to discourage unfounded and irresponsible speculation.

b. To employ propaganda assets to [negate] and refute the attacks of the critics. Book reviews and feature articles are particularly appropriate for this purpose. The unclassified attachments to this guidance should provide useful background material for passing to assets. Our ploy should point out, as applicable, that the critics are (I) wedded to theories adopted before the evidence was in, (I) politically interested, (III) financially interested, (IV) hasty and inaccurate in their research, or (V) infatuated with their own theories. In the course of discussions of the whole phenomenon of criticism, a useful strategy may be to single out Epstein's theory for attack, using the attached Fletcher [?] article and Spectator piece for background. (Although Mark Lane's book is much less convincing than Epstein's and comes off badly where confronted by knowledgeable critics, it is also much more difficult to answer as a whole, as one becomes lost in a morass of unrelated details.)

The whole document can be found here: http://www.jfklancer.com/CIA.html

Regardless of your thoughts on the matter, to have a government agency employ agents and assets to discredit people of opposing views is sobering if not terrifying, and flies in the face of the first amendment, which is the basis for every other freedom we hold as part of being a citizen of the United States.

Here is a video which is truly scary for those who want to know what's real and what's not.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

You do what seems right to you, but as for me, I will never immediately trust what appears to be the "most plausible."

·
Registered
13,439 Posts
Most plausible is not always the right explanation, or the truth.
I never said it was. The most plausible explanation is, by definition, the most likely explanation.

I think it's foolish to accept whatever is thrown out there as the most plausible without considering other alternatives.
You have it backwards. The most plausible explanation is not the most plausible because it was "thrown out there," whatever that means. It's the most plausible because all factors point to it. I have no idea who is "accepting" a narrative. The media is not pushing the narrative I explained in my first post.

It seems that outlandish and asinine conspiracy theories have become a cottage industry. These theories are not the last resort when all else fails to explain a set of circumstances, rather it's the first and only explanation for these people. It's what these people want to believe, regardless of whether or not the evidence leads them there.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
I never said it was. The most plausible explanation is, by definition, the most likely explanation.
You said: Why people cannot accept the obvious and most plausible explanation is beyond me.

So in essence, a criticism of those who don't immediately accept the "obvious and most plausible."

·
Registered
13,439 Posts
You said: Why people cannot accept the obvious and most plausible explanation is beyond me.

So in essence, a criticism of those who don't immediately accept the "obvious and most plausible."
Correct. Conspiracy theorists always avoid the plausible and embrace the outlandish. That is their nature - usually to the ironic tune of “here’s a YouTube video, you’re a sheep if you don’t believe it.”

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Correct. Conspiracy theorists always avoid the plausible and embrace the outlandish. That is their nature - usually to the ironic tune of “here’s a YouTube video, you’re a sheep if you don’t believe it.”
I agree that there are some outlandish theories out there...

but those who see a conspiracy in everything, and those who see no possibility of conspiracy in anything are equally as foolish.

Saying "here's a youtube video, you're a sheep if you don't believe it" is no different than "this is the given explanation and if you don't believe it you're a conspiracy lunatic."

·
Banned
3,351 Posts
When folks go into irrstional panic mode, they need a scapegoat to blame. The conspiracy nutjobs thrive on this.

sky is falling.jpeg

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
Banned
547 Posts
Reactions: Chui

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,771 Posts
I only wish I had more free time to peruse more of this, but working a lot more OT, so I , uh, don't.
I always like a different viewpoint on hot topics. Keeps me thinking.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts