Plainfield Shooting Supply?

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by grislyAdam, Sep 2, 2007.

1. grislyAdam

grislyAdam

Hello.
    Anyone have any prices on reloading components at PSS? Say, "ballpark" figures for a box of 1000 primers? a lb. of powder? a box of 500 RNL 9mm bullets? I want to see how they compare to Kempf's in Michigan City. Thanks.

2. grislyAdam

grislyAdam

Wow. 20 views and no one knows an approximate price for a 1k box of primers or anything else I listed?
    It doesn't have to be an exact price, just what do they usually charge for these things. Thanks.

3. meeko

meeko

I paid 22.00 for a pound of Win super field. Primers will be around that I would guess. Why don't you just call them tuesday and then you would know for sure if they have what you want in! you might be just as well off buying ammo somewhere. loaded 9mm isn't all that expensive unless you just like to reload. Good luck

4. grislyAdam

grislyAdam

Thanks!!
    I'm on vacation this week and am going to Indy for a day.
    I need some reloading supplies and thought I might check out PSS while I'm down there.
    I just used 9mm as an example to compare with Kempf's.
    If PSS's prices are like Gander Mountain's, I won't bother.

5. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

Hey Adam,

I normally use Powder Valley. Try to do group buys to save $$$. Thinking of trying to get together a buy closer to Christmas.

On a side note, I just bought 4 pounds of Clays from Granger Guns for $62.00, better than some of the online sellers and no stupid hazmat.

That shop has improved significantly. Seems to be less of a good old boys atmosphere. You might want to stop in, some of his powder and primers are over priced, others are reasonable.

6. grislyAdam

grislyAdam

Wow. You're going to Granger Guns?
    I have to agree, they've improved( maybe they visit this site).
    62.00 for the powder is a good price.
    I've read a lot about Plainfield, here, and thought I might check it out. Thanks!!

BTW, you've gotta love the Granger Guns Labrador retriever. He's a gentleman.:)

7. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

Yeah, I haven't been into Granger Guns in a while (probably a year and half, two years). I though I would stop in, Steve seems to have changed his ways. He's still a bit quiet, but doesn't seem as arrogant as before. A very nice Southern gentlelady checked me out (I assume Steve's wife), maybe she's changed him?

An amazing dog to say the least. He jumped up on the counter yesterday when I went to pay. Beautiful dog.

8. grislyAdam

grislyAdam

"An amazing dog to say the least. He jumped up on the counter yesterday when I went to pay. Beautiful dog."

Yes, the dog will jump up to the counter and rest an elbow as if to engage you in a conversation. It's great!!
    The 'wife' has always been great to me( and even remembers me) but Steve is always "cautious".
    All in all, though, not a bad gun shop.

This website's "enhanced" function is very strange. Simple things like "quotes" are not the same as other forums that I visit.:sad:

9. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99 Got SIG?

Come again? I always hit the quote button on the post I want, edit out what I don't need and add comments. Granted I don't post much elsewhere, but I though this was standard?