Places to shoot Outside near Charlotte

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by klugey1, Mar 27, 2018.

1. klugey1

klugey1 Firearm Brand Agnostic...I like them all.

Hi all NC Glockers,
    I'm new to the area after 23 years in Commifornia, and being originally from Dallas, I always loved to go out in the country and shoot steel, 2 liter soda bottles (think Hickok45), Watermelons, etc... The only places in Commifornia where we could sometimes go was on BLM property which was always far away and hard to find. I'm looking for suggestions of places I could go within 45 minutes or so of South Charlotte to do some plinking.

2. arrtvandelay

arrtvandelay

Take aim training has a semi-private Range ($150/yr member fee, no range officers) in Pageland, SC. It’s a decent place to shoot , when it’s not crowded. On the weekends it can be scary and unsafe with the lack of range officers. When I was a member, I made it a point to only go during weekdays. The range is pretty deserted during the week in daylight hrs. I went once on the weekend...never again...

I’d still be a member if I had the time...

As an aside...most of the recent “shooting” videos on the Vickers Tactical YouTube channel have been done at the Take Aim range...

3. klugey1

klugey1 Firearm Brand Agnostic...I like them all.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.

4. danbocog

danbocog

Hello Klugey1, late in responding because I don't come to this site on GT very often.
    It will probably be more like an hour from you in south Charlotte but our club range may offer you the freedom to do some safe outdoor shooting and if you cleanup after yourself. Go online to Riversidegunclub.org for info and pics. If you can shoot during the week or Sunday you can come as my guest to see if you like it. We have matches the first three Saturdays of each month.
    PM me and we can setup a date. Give me a heads up on this thread. DannC