close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Places to shoot near Loveland, CO

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by The Machinist, Jun 27, 2012.

1. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

I'm leaving Oregon for a week to visit my friend and his wife, who live in Loveland, CO. All of the national forest areas to the west of them have been closed to recreational shooting, due to the fires, as have the Pawnee Grasslands to the Northeast.

Is there other public land near Loveland that's still open for shooting? I've been scouring other forums, looking for info, but to no avail. Do the myriad of knowledgeable peeps on GlockTalk have any suggestions?

Thanks! :supergrin:

2. kj4963

kj4963

Honestly without finding a range you are most likely SOL. As you mentioned pawnee is closed for shooting, as is Arapahoe and Rosevelt National forests. And a new fire broke out near Boulder in the past couple of days. Also not that it is close to Loveland but Colorado Springs is on fire. This is a very bad time here, never seen it so nasty.

3. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

It's probably prudent to stick with developed shooting ranges at this time. No need to give anti's fodder for their cause. I did read a newspaper letter to the editor complaining about the lack of good judgement by shooters in these volatile conditions.

4. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

I appreciate it, guys. Looks like we'll have to find ourselves a good range then. Thanks again.

5. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

give this place a call...

http://www.triggertimegunclub.com/

it's in longmont, about 15 minutes south on 25.

They have a 25yd and 100yd indoor range. I've shot there a couple times with my neighbor. It's a nice facility, and the people seem to be pretty good.
    oh, and both times I shot there, we were the only ones there....we had the whole place to ourselves

6. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

Do you have to buy a membership or can a nonmember show up and rent a lane? I couldn't find anything on the website that makes that clear.