Glock Talk banner

Places to get LE trade-in glocks?

7163 Views 23 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Slope5623
Hey guys.
I'd like to get a couple LE trade-in Glocks.

Are there any good sites out there that keep them in stock, or would gunbroker or the like be my best bet?

Thanks!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I might try the classifieds here first.

· Registered
9,061 Posts
That's a crap shoot that I wouldn't want to try unless I could inspect them first. I've seen Glocks in terrible shape on the range, some had never had the mag dropped since the last qualification, let alone routine maintenance. Scuffed and scraped from siding up against block walls. On the other hand I've seen like new models that were probably never issued, or given to upper command who threw them in a drawer for years with the original lube still on them.

· NRA Life Member
75,701 Posts
Hey guys.
I'd like to get a couple LE trade-in Glocks.

Are there any good sites out there that keep them in stock, or would gunbroker or the like be my best bet?

Thanks!
Usually Bud's, but right now they are overflowing with S&W M&P's - last weekend a police trade-in M&P .40, unissued in the box, was $399, or maybe less.

· Registered
8 Posts
Find out the who the Glock LE distributors are in your state. Call them and ask if they have any or what FFLs local to you buy the trade ins. Always better to see them in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Around here the last couple times I looked unless it was a .40 Glock there did not seem to be any appreciable difference in price between a police surplus Glock and and a generic used Glock.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Around here the last couple times I looked unless it was a .40 Glock there did not seem to be any appreciable difference in price between a police surplus Glock and and a generic used Glock.
Glock .40 is what I want. 22, 23 or 27.

Sorry, should have mentioned that above.
I assumed most LE trade ins were .40s

· Registered
4,195 Posts
Here in Lansing, MI there is a store that has a ton of Glock trade-ins. 9,40,45. Great prices too. Thats where I bought my last 2 Glocks(one used, one new)

· Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,206 Posts
It is too bad no police departments used G20 and I have a hard time finding used g19

· Registered
466 Posts
I have heard of about half a dozen departments that use a G20. Anniston, AL is the only one that I actually know of around my area. Kentucky State Police used a 3rd Gen S&W auto in 10mm before the Glock 35.
The Kentucky State Police used G20's for a while after they got rid of the S&W's, then they switched to the G35 in the early 2000's I believe. I haven't seen a KSP G20 for sale in a long time.

· Registered
10,527 Posts
GT Distributors
GT Distributors has LE turn-in 22's for $320 (out of stock) & 23's for $360:

https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns.html?cat=512
If you're local to a GT Dist, then I recommend actually going to the store and checking out their inventory. The one in Austin had a used 22 when I was there, even though they're out of stock online. But I went like two weeks ago, so it might have been sold by now.

· NRA Life Member
75,701 Posts
The Kentucky State Police used G20's for a while after they got rid of the S&W's, then they switched to the G35 in the early 2000's I believe. I haven't seen a KSP G20 for sale in a long time.
Nope, never did. In fact, when they switched to the Glock 35, they were carrying the S&W 1076 and the Glock 27 and they had a full issue (over 1,000 guns) of brand new S&W 4566's that were paid for and marked and ready to issue. My brother was a state police firearms instructor and I worked at state police headquarters around that time. They ended up selling the 4566's, unissued, to dealers (maybe all to Keesler's) and the legislature appropriated money to buy the new Glock 35's. They have never issued Glocks in any caliber other than .40 S&W.

· "Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
They are dried up right now other than Summitgunbroker.
Ditto on Summit, give Mark a call and see what he has in stock or ask him to give you a heads up on when the next batch gets in. He has some pretty decent prices IMHO.

· Registered
466 Posts
Nope, never did. In fact, when they switched to the Glock 35, they were carrying the S&W 1076 and the Glock 27 and they had a full issue (over 1,000 guns) of brand new S&W 4566's that were paid for and marked and ready to issue. My brother was a state police firearms instructor and I worked at state police headquarters around that time. They ended up selling the 4566's, unissued, to dealers (maybe all to Keesler's) and the legislature appropriated money to buy the new Glock 35's. They have never issued Glocks in any caliber other than .40 S&W.
Ok, I may be mistaken. I have a friend who is a local police officer in northern KY who is also a FFL. I got a G20 through him about 10 years ago. He told me then that if he had known I wanted one about a year earlier he could have gotten one that was State Police surplus cheap. I could have sworn I have seen a couple KSP marked G20's for sale in the past. The guy gave me a box of 10mm FMJ ammo, Master Cartridge I think, that if I remember correctly was marked "Kentucky State Police" but I guess that would have been used in the S&W's.

· Registered
24 Posts
I picked up a Gen 4 G35 that was a Kentucky SP Trade in from TargetSportsUSA.com for $480 shipped. It is in very nice shape and functions perfectly. It came with 3 15 round mags and night sights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts