close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pizza party concept

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Remander, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Remander

Remander

If you like thin crust and veggies, for a light pizza party fun for three or four folks, try this.

I take torillas, the large ones (wheat preferred), and use them as a crust. I chop up and assemble a variety of toppings: mozzerella, parmesan, jalapeno, thinly sliced onion, fresh basil, oregan, feta cheese, green onions, purple onion, thinly sliced tomatoes, cracked black pepper, cracked red pepper, bell pepper, mushrooms, etc. Your choice, but make it all thin. And sprinkle any combo with good olive oil.

I first make a couple pizzas with whatever ingredients strike my fancy and bake (on a stone or wire rack) on about 350 to 400 for just a few minutes (10 or so), until toppings are hot and tortilla is crisp. Slice and let guests sample as you slap together a couple more. They keep coming fast and in variety.

I make several combos, usually never the same one twice, and we slowly sample and munch and try different wines along the way. Fun, tasty, and not too bad for you.

2. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

I used to do same only I used the large, flat, oh, heck...what's the kind of flatbread used for gyros?

Oh, yes, pita bread