Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Pizza Hut.

Recently, I had a mistake on a large pizza; nothing major, they simply gave me hand-tossed crust instead of pan crust. I ate the pizza, and it was good, but still....wasn't what I ordered.

So I got on to my account with Pizza Hut online (which is how I primarily order pizza) and emailed their customer service about it. Then just to be sure, I called their delivery number and explained the situation.

The operator gave me $10 off my next purchase, which was awesome. I also had a rep from Pizza Hut call me the next day and leave a $10 off purchase on my account (when I used the $10 later, there was one discount available, so I think they fixed that issue among themselves....but who knows, maybe I have another discount through my phone service?).

Then today, I just got this email from Pizza Hut:

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience at one of our restaurants. Your comments do remind us of the constant efforts we need to make to provide the highest quality, great tasting food to our guests each and every time.

As a token of our apology and commitment to provide outstanding food at each and every opportunity, we will be sending you 3 free pizza coupons that you may redeem for 3 free large pizzas with up to three toppings. You should be receiving these coupons at the address you provided within the next 7-10 business days.

(Me = :hearts::notworthy::dancingbanana:)

Thank you again for bringing this to our immediate attention. With input from valuable customers like you, we are able to resolve situations that might otherwise go unnoticed. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future regarding any matter.

Sincerely,

Pizza Hut Customer Service
I love you Pizza Hut!

They ain't cheap, but it's worth the price! And I have reward points saved up for free pizza as well!

So....if I'm dead within 2 years from clogged arteries....you'll know why.

And no....TBO doesn't get my guns. :supergrin:

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My local Pizza Hut does a pretty good job:eat:
I think we got it pretty good here in SW WA. :cheers: And the delivery time is pretty good too.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Like most chains, I think quality, cleanliness and service varies greatly from one Pizza Hut location to the next. I’m lucky to have a good one in our town. They put out the effort and it shows up in the finished product. I really like their salad bar and the creamy Italian dressing they use is the best. Pizza Hut is good for what they are and don’t pretend to be something they aren’t. I’m a fan.

·
Simple Member
7,467 Posts
Pizza Hut is like McDonalds. You can go pretty much anywhere in the country and know what you are going to get.
I will order them sometimes when I am on the road, they usually have some decent deals.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
The one that is close to me 20 miles, has taken the salad bar away on weekends , I am still trying eat healthier but it is hard. So I just got a personal pizza.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,794 Posts
We have a Pizza down the road from us. They do a fairly good job.

That's pretty good customer service.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
That's good customer service. Haven't had Pizza Hut in years. I totally got out of fast food and dining out because of health concerns, but I miss being able to just drive up and order a ****load of food, go home, kick in a movie, stuff my face and die for the day.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's good customer service. Haven't had Pizza Hut in years because I totally got out of fast food and dining out of health concerns, but I miss being able to just drive up and order a ****load of food, go home, kick in a movie, stuff my face and die for the day.
In seriousness, I do need to watch my health. I'll be turning 35 in May, and I'm in the worst shape of my life. Being 5' 6" and 224 lbs isn't going to sustain me for the rest of my life.

But God....I love a good pizza. And the brownies they sell too. And the cookies at Safeway....

:frown:

Thankfully, I always eat a fruit and veggie each day, and I stick to lean meats. I haven't had a steak in so long....would love to get one though.

But yeah, I definitely need to watch the other junk and exercise. I should have made it my New Years resolution.

OK. I need some pizza right now. Thanks Jade!

Yeah, I'm seriously debating if I want to order one using my rewards points for the playoff game tonight.....:headscratch:

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
In seriousness, I do need to watch my health. I'll be turning 35 in May, and I'm in the worst shape of my life. Being 5' 6" and 224 lbs isn't going to sustain me for the rest of my life.

But God....I love a good pizza. And the brownies they sell too. And the cookies at Safeway....

:frown:

Thankfully, I always eat a fruit and veggie each day, and I stick to lean meats. I haven't had a steak in so long....would love to get one though.

But yeah, I definitely need to watch the other junk and exercise. I should have made it my New Years resolution.

Yeah, I'm seriously debating if I want to order one using my rewards points for the playoff game tonight.....:headscratch:

I changed my entire lifestyle at age 40, so you have another 5 years. lol

That being said, you can eat all you want as long as you burn it somehow. Walking 20k steps every day takes a while.

·
Registered
43,132 Posts
Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Values. Can't be bought.
12,283 Posts
That's a lot of free pizza. Some free Lipitor coupons wouldn't hurt either. I like Pizza Hut pizza, as well as my local shops. But I'm going to start making my own, lots healthier. While there are healthier options within the Huts' menu, some slices have 1440 Mg sodium.
I'm interested in anyone's healthy home pizza recipes.

·
Registered
20,816 Posts
I might try my local Pizza Hut tonight because of this thread. Since moving to Florida I have just always been a Hungry Howies guy. There is one on every corner. I don't think they have them outside Florida???

/

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Local PH here is not good. Had a couple of bad experiences there before I quit it altogether. And when they first opened, my phone number was one digit different. I got lots of calls wanting to make orders. I got so tired of it, I just started taking orders and giving them unbelievable prices. I know it was evil, but it stopped after a while. They eventually moved up the street to a smaller building.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Local PH here is not good. Had a couple of bad experiences there before I quit it altogether. And when they first opened, my phone number was one digit different. I got lots of calls wanting to make orders. I got so tired of it, I just started taking orders and giving them unbelievable prices. I know it was evil, but it stopped after a while. They eventually moved up the street to a smaller building.
Yeah, unfortunately restaurant chains, in my experience, tend to either be a hit or a miss. If you get good experiences, they pay their weight in gold. And cholesterol.

·
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
29,109 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Local one to me is awful. We hit one of the local pizza places.
I've heard a lot of bad experiences about restaurant chains on the East coast. Not sure why though.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts