Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
cant get this stupid part in. Its infuriating to keep trying? tips? Advice?
You don't need to spend $7 + and $7. shipping for that dumb tool from Mid-Way. Go to any hardware and get a .14 cent Clevis pin(i paid @ Lowe's). It's also a good idea to have a gl. zip-loc bag to put over and catch anything that goes boing. My wife found a dust cover spring in a chandelier :animlol:.
Here's how to do the clevis:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/H...n_using_a__1_clevis_pin___56K_death/4-362116/

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
No tools required. put the spring in, put the detent half way in with a pair of needle nose pliers, then use the end of the pivot pin to push it the rest of the way down. Slide the pin in until the detent catches the slot.
Isn't the needle nose a tool, I think it was the last time I checked.

The wife does the lowers without a tool also (not me ). Somehow she pushes the detent in with the pivot pin pushes it in a bit and snap all done. I bought a few small allenscrews and tapped the rear detent holes to keep the spring in and not worry about it when screwing in the tube.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I use a knife blade sometimes. I prefer the clevis pin though. 14 cents and a tool for life
I realize this is a old thread but I always try to find one that's relative to my post rather than start a new one on the same subject like we see over and over again.....Geeezzzzz.
Anyway what I did today is on my new lowers (6) I back filled the markings and tapped the rear take down detent holes and installed set screws in all. Like Spartan Lowers come with. Only took about an hour. One thing though, the spring has to be cut a bit.
Maybe others will see this as a tip.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts

·
Registered
23,243 Posts

·
emeritus
5,010 Posts
You don't need to spend $7 + and $7. shipping for that dumb tool from Mid-Way. Go to any hardware and get a .14 cent Clevis pin(i paid @ Lowe's). It's also a good idea to have a gl. zip-loc bag to put over and catch anything that goes boing. My wife found a dust cover spring in a chandelier :animlol:.
Here's how to do the clevis:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/H...n_using_a__1_clevis_pin___56K_death/4-362116/
The first post/reply after the tutorial in the link is classic.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts