Pittsburgh gun ranges

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Glockers Club' started by DirtyPete, Jun 25, 2012.

1. DirtyPete

DirtyPete

I'm heading back to Pittsburgh while on leave and was hoping to do some shooting. Does anyone know of any gun ranges that aren't clubs? google has produced nothing. I will be in the North Hills area, but will drive a bit if need be. The indoor range here in Delaware doesn't allow anything larger than .223. I have an AK that needs let out for a while! Thanks!

2. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

3. deutscheglocker

deutscheglocker

Pete,

Best i can tell you is Wexford State gamelands range.
    Most everything else I'm aware of is club related and the only public club has been closed for a few years now.

If you choose to shoot at Wexford, be aware of the firearm loading rules and read the range rules. I haven't shot there in years but many people shy away from that range due to safety concerns.

I occasionally shoot at Pitcairin Monroeville Sportsman's club (google PMSC) which is one of the better clubs in the area meaning a lot of pistol bays, no mag limits, 300 yd rifle ( no full auto though unless a club event), archery.
    They have a quarterly group shoot on another forum (google PAFOA--range trips and group shoots) and for $5, you can shoot at the group shoot bays from 9 or 10 till about 1 PM. This used to be monthly but after 3 or 4 years, it kind of petered out.

4. BB28

BB28

i was going to mention Pitcairin also. i belong to Crowfoot in Murrysville and many have asked why because they like Pitcairin better. i haven't checked it out for myself yet but am likely going to before i have to re-up in june for Crowfoot.

Ben

5. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Try these guys.
    https://ironcityarmory.com/

haven't been there since he got the new place open wih the range but I used to work with him. Good guy, likes shooting.

6. deutscheglocker

deutscheglocker

Snaps,
    There are some concerns about Iron City.
    First is cost. At 300 per year, they are the highest priced in the area.
    They have 2 separate facilities. The initial offering was an indoor range about a mile from where I live. I never shot there so have no input.
    The outdoor range is the old Greater Pitt gun club. This portion is in utter disrepair but has a 400 meter rifle, 4 or 5 pistol bays.
    There was a township cease and desist order due to zoning issues which Justin chose to represent himself instead of having legal council. I don't believe it went well.
    I haven't followed up on the current status but would do so prior to shooting there. You can get a monthly membership at $50 which allows usage at both ranges unless the outdoor range is no longer petmitted.
    I was a member at Greater Pitt about 10 years ago until it was shut down.

Ross-in-Pa likes this.