close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pit thermometers....

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by PDogSniper, Nov 27, 2004.

1. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

I going to purchase a pit thermometer and am wondering where is the best place to install it. Should I insert it at grate level or would it be better to install it from the top to best measure the cooking levels...? Front, side, top...?

I'm also going to purchase a meat thermometer and want one with instant readings. Suggestions...?

Thanks,

2. lwt210

lwt210

My pit had a pre-drilled hole for it. I also have a small thermometer that fits on to the cooking grate so that I can tell how much difference there is in the two.

My meat thermometer was a cheepie walmart version that never did work right. It's in the garbage as we speak. Gonna get a better one and am looking forward to the suggestions by the group here at the Food Forum. I also want an instant read model, if such a thing exists.

3. noway

noway

{I'm also going to purchase a meat thermometer and want one with instant readings. Suggestions...?
    }

Look at one of the digital thermometer for meats and beverages. They are expensive but quick and very accurate for read outs. But to be quite honest all meat thormoters are instant read. So buy what you like and can afford. if you aren't a professional did any one of the $30.00 or less is good enough.

as far the pyrometer for the PIT , assuming you mean BBQ/Smoker/grill, try Lowes or homedepot. They offers affordable units that should fit most pre-drilled mounting holes.