close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pistol Prizes ?????

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike g35, Oct 7, 2011.

1. mike g35

mike g35

I looked in the Glock report and did a search about this and I am still unsure how this works. I saw that the 1st place shooters win a gun (obviously) and then there are the new shooter drawings and the random pistols but I saw a few I cant quite understand. It looked like the top amateur in all divisions with the exception of UL and MasterStock also won pistols. Is this the case???:dunno:

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

yes, Master Stock and UL are heads up, AmCiv and AmGuard are amateurs only and Sub, HM, and Comp are combined with seperate prizes.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Rather than have a master comp, master subcomp, master submajor, everyone is listed in the results as head to head. If there are enough qualifying shooters to warrant a gun in both am and master ranks, you can "remove" them from the compiled list. Therefore, comp, sub comp, etc... might have an amatuer finish 7th behind 6 master shooters. First master shooter might win a gun but the 7th overall is first amatuer and would win the gun.

Master prize awards are different due to the share the wealth rule, so you might see the same guy win 5 categories and only get one gun and another guy finish 4th master in a category and still win a gun due to the way prize distribution is prioritized amongst master shooters.

And since I beat Danny to it, "It's all in the rules under PRIZES.:supergrin:

4. triggerjerker

triggerjerker

I would have a chance if they started at the other end of the list.

5. mike g35

mike g35

OK thanks guys. I read it but I wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. Apparently I did. (there's a 1st time for everything) :)

6. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there would have to be at least 10 Master shooters in one category to qualify for a 1st place pistol award, right?

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

There has to be 10 shooters in any given category to qualify for a 1st Place pistol award. If it is a dual category, like Heavy Metal, it takes 10 Masters to qualify for the Master's pistol and 10 Amateurs to qualify for the Amateur's pistol.

8. mike g35

mike g35

Now thats what I was trying to figure out. Thansk danny.