Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 119 Posts

· Registered
4,154 Posts
My wife carries a P365-380. No recoil, easier racking and 10 or 12 rounds. She loves it.

· Registered
1,838 Posts
Most gun stores and shooting ranges have limited firearms on hand.

I would check out the new Beretta 80X or even a used 84FS in .380. The size, grip, barrel length, sight radius, weight, etc might be something she likes. Or even a Beretta 86 if you can find one.

· Registered
105 Posts
This is an unusual, somewhat off-the-wall recommendation, but... see if you can source a Sig p225 a-1 to try. They are not manufactured any longer, but it has the absolutely best grip feel I've ever felt, including the 1911, with an easy trigger reach. Aluminum frame, so not too heavy, 9mm, 3.6" barrel, night sights, easy shooter. Slightly smaller than a G-19. Best of luck to her.

· Registered
10,546 Posts
Sig 365-380 with a XL grip module.

· Premium Member
2,351 Posts
I'm surprised she likes the PPK/S 22. The trigger is 17#. But I think the 22 is a reasonable choice. My wife has a Walther P22q. But racking that slide is a problem, considering a 22 revolver.

· Registered
Tisas Carry B45 Remington 870, RIA T1897
444 Posts
Is she wanting it to carry? Range toy? What does she want to do with the gun? I’d say a Glock G19 since she doesn’t like the real small ones. Not sure how hard racking the slide will be for her though.

· Registered
5,322 Posts
What didn't she like about about the EZ? The G44?

I was going to suggest the EZ.

My girlfriend wanted a Shield. I had her handle 10-12 similar guns. She still wanted the shield, and got it. I never thought to have her rack it. She can, but barely. She can rack a G17 and G19 without too much trouble.

A PX4 has light recoil, but will probably be difficult for her to rack.

Reactions: n2g and Hauki

· Formerly TFLWYO
1,466 Posts
If she already didn't like two 9mms, I would step down to a .380. I really like the Sig P365-380, but I still would try others like the new Ruger Security .380 if a thumb safety isn't an issue. Initially, I liked the Shield .380 EZ, but I keep reading that the grip safety gives a lot of people trouble.

21 - 40 of 119 Posts