Pistol Certificate Timeline

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Cbass1187, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Cbass1187

Cbass1187

I won high overall in the amatuer civilian division at the Orlando shoot last year (about 4 months ago) and I recieved the certficate to send in for the Glock. I picked a G35 and paid the upgrade fee and mailed it in from a local gunshop using thier FFL. I know the form says to give them 8 weeks and it has been 8 weeks to the day, but since this is my first time submitting a certficate, does anyone have any ideas of the actual timeline for the gun to be delivered.

The money was withdrawn from my checking account about 4 weeks ago and nothing has shown up yet......

I don't want to seem greedy but I think I earned the new toy and would really like to start playing wiht it before the the 2007 season starts. :)

Does anyone know the phone number I could call to check on the status of the pistol? Thank you very much for your assitance.

2. SocomCen

SocomCen Millennium Member

My wife won the class C pistol last year at Waldorf MD. It took about 3.5 weeks for her gun to show up at the dealer.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Different pistols take different lengths of time. My 35 took longer than any other production pistol except my 21 to receive. If it's been 8 weeks call them, they took your money, I think it wise to make sure you get what you ordered.

Who knows, maybe sales and shipping are running like GSSF.

4. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

;G ;G ;G ;G ;Y

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The number is 770-432-1202, 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.

6. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

You need to remember the 8 weeks starts when GSSF get the order and processes it.

I also won a gun in Orlando and sent my Certificate off with the upgrade money info for a G34. I called GSSF to find out why they had not charged my Debit card yet (4 weeks and the money was still in the account) and they told me they had not yet received the certificate.

After a quick contact with the FFL (long story :steamed: My FFL screwed up and did not send in the paperwork as they promised.) the paperwork was sent. GSSF was very cordial when they confirmed the receipt and charged the upgrade fee BUT that was when the 8 weeks started. It took about 6 weeks from there for the shipping department to get the gun to the FFL and me.

Still and all I am a very happy camper! :)

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

took me around 5 weeks to get my g35

8. Cbass1187

Cbass1187

Thanks for the help. I called GSSF and they had confirmed they shipped it about 2 weeks ago and after calling the FFL, I discovered the FFL had recieved the gun without any information on it (Name, contact info, or who it belongs to/who it is for) So they just sat on it and waited.

I called the FFL yesterday afternoon and picked it up last night. Have not shot it yet, but did about 100 sight pictures and empty mag reloads while sitting on the couch last night. :)

Thanks for the info and help and I can't wait to play with it today after work.

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Good for you. Enjoy your toy. :)

10. Cbass1187

Cbass1187

I called the FFL shop again to ask how they misplaced my glock? Collectors Firearms is a great store but I guess when you deal with that many guns stuff gets mis-filed. I appreciate GSSF, Glock USA, and Collectors Firearms for their assitance in getting me my new toy.

Thanks to everyone who helped.