GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this in the pistol certificate thread a couple days ago but no one has answered so I figured I'd ask in a regular post. I mailed off my free pistol certificate with payment and FFL on Sept. 21st. It's now been over a month and my credit card that I listed in the certificate has not been charged yet. Based on previous posts in the pistol certificate thread, it seems like cards get charged and checks get cashed within a couple weeks of mailing the form in. I know it will take months to get the pistol but I thought my upgrade fee would have been charged by now. I know glock has been extrrmely busy so how long should I wait before I email or call to make sure my certificate was received and didn't get lost? I don't want to bug any of the GSSF people unnecessarily because I know they're busy but this is my first free pistol certificate so I'm excited and want to make sure it gets processed. I'll be crushed if it got lost in the mail.

·
20,381 Posts
You will probably be charged just before your pistol ships

Reactions: SARDG and Strato03

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Th
You will probably be charged just before your pistol ships
Thanks DannyR. With all of the stories about mail in ballots being lost recently, I was worried that my certificate could have also gotten lost since they hadn't charged my upgrade fee yet. If I ever won another one, I think I'll use certified mail so I can track it and know for sure that they received it

·
Registered
234 Posts
I asked this in the pistol certificate thread a couple days ago but no one has answered so I figured I'd ask in a regular post. I mailed off my free pistol certificate with payment and FFL on Sept. 21st. It's now been over a month and my credit card that I listed in the certificate has not been charged yet. Based on previous posts in the pistol certificate thread, it seems like cards get charged and checks get cashed within a couple weeks of mailing the form in. I know it will take months to get the pistol but I thought my upgrade fee would have been charged by now. I know glock has been extrrmely busy so how long should I wait before I email or call to make sure my certificate was received and didn't get lost? I don't want to bug any of the GSSF people unnecessarily because I know they're busy but this is my first free pistol certificate so I'm excited and want to make sure it gets processed. I'll be crushed if it got lost in the mail.
mine took about a month before they took out the fee. And about 6 months to get the gun.

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,095 Posts
Th

Thanks DannyR. With all of the stories about mail in ballots being lost recently, I was worried that my certificate could have also gotten lost since they hadn't charged my upgrade fee yet. If I ever won another one, I think I'll use certified mail so I can track it and know for sure that they received it
After you've won your 9th or 10th gun - maybe before, you begin to trust the system. Misguided? Dunno, but probably not.

And our mail-in ballots are in yellow envelopes. USPS only looses yellow envelopes.

·
20,381 Posts
Just use Priority Mail next time

Reactions: Strato03 and PM720

·
Crusty Member
10,690 Posts
I'm curious how long this ends up taking. In normal times, it was generally months to nearly a year. In times of crazy heavy demand, I wonder where in the stack your order will land.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Good to know. I was thinking the same thing. My check hasn't cleared.

I chalk it up to world events. Demand for Glocks, and the fact I ordered a Gen3 G34.

This seems to be the only realistic way to get a Glock nowadays.

Just looked at my certificate update. I mailed it on the 2nd, and no cashed check as of the 27th.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I emailed GSSF last night a got a reply this morning. They received my certificate and expect my pistol to ship in February. So that's a Sept. 21 mailing date with an expected February delivery. They're definitely backed up right now but I'm glad my certificate didn't get lost. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I emailed GSSF last night a got a reply this morning. They received my certificate and expect my pistol to ship in February. So that's a Sept. 21 mailing date with an expected February delivery. They're definitely backed up right now but I'm glad my certificate didn't get lost. Thanks for the help everyone.

Thanks for the info. I sent mine on the exact same day (what are the odds) and they cashed my check roughly 3 weeks later. I had guessed a Jan or Feb delivery date. This was for a 17 Gen5 MOS.

9/21 - Sent certificate
9/25 - Delivered (certified mail)
10/13 - Check cleared

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info. I sent mine on the exact same day (what are the odds) and they cashed my check roughly 3 weeks later. I had guessed a Jan or Feb delivery date. This was for a 17 Gen5 MOS.

9/21 - Sent certificate
9/25 - Delivered (certified mail)
10/13 - Check cleared
I chose a G30 gen 4 so I can compete in Major Sub and Heavy Metal divisions in the future. My next outdoor match will probably be the Morganton match is April so a February date will give me a couple months to get familiar with the pistol before competing with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That’s a great choice. I was leaning very heavily towards a 30 for the same reasons, but ultimately decided I wanted a 17 for carry. I’ll be picking up a 30 and/or a 21 with future certificates for sure. I really need to get into Major Sub and Heavy Metal.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I chose a G30 gen 4 so I can compete in Major Sub and Heavy Metal divisions in the future. My next outdoor match will probably be the Morganton match is April so a February date will give me a couple months to get familiar with the pistol before competing with it.
You know you can also shoot the G30 in every other division except Pocket & Rimfire right? :cool::nsb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know you can also shoot the G30 in every other division except Pocket & Rimfire right? :cool::nsb:
Definitely but I also love my G26 and G35 and they would feel left out if I didn't use them, especially since the G26 is what won me the G30 by coming in 1st place amateur in the subcompact division in my last match.

·
Registered
659 Posts
That’s a great choice. I was leaning very heavily towards a 30 for the same reasons, but ultimately decided I wanted a 17 for carry. I’ll be picking up a 30 and/or a 21 with future certificates for sure. I really need to get into Major Sub and Heavy Metal.
I might know a guy with a loaner! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts