Pistol Awards

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FotoTomas, Jun 18, 2003.

1. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I am curious if one of you that have won a pistol certificate could pass on the time it took to actually get it redeemed. My certificate has 8 weeks printed on it and I am quite willing to wait that long. I was wondering how long it actually took for you guys. I have a G17 heading to my local FFL and am patiently waiting...and waiting...and wait... :)

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It depends on the inventory in Smyra. Fireglock and I are still waiting for our G37's ordered in March.;)

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Yep, we are. Hey FotoTomas, I have a 17 you can buy if you really need one. ;f

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I have recieved pistols as soon as 1 week and as long as 14 weeks. It depends in what you want and what thye have.

5. Comrade Bork

Comrade Bork

....furthermore, when GSSF says 8 weeks, they MEAN 8 weeks. And the 8 week clock starts when GSSF receives your returned prize certificate at the GSSF office.

As this was explained to me when I impatiently called them once before the 8 week period had elapsed the reason for this is that other departments at Glock actually have to process and ship your order. GSSF is a relatively small organization within Glock and does not have as much internal "clout" as one might think.

Those other departments are routinely processing orders consisting of dozens of guns for wholesalers and Law Enforcement agencies. It disrupts their routine to look into specific orders. To keep the peace between GSSF and the other internal Glock departments involved, GSSF is under strict orders to not even ASK those other departments about the status of any particular GSSF order until the full 8 week period has elapsed.

Once the 8 weeks have elapsed however GSSF is more than happy to make an inquiry about your order. It is clearly understood by the other departments involved that GSSF may do so on your behalf, and those other departments are, at that point, more than happy to look into it for you.

By the way, as you know the G-37 has not yet been released by Austria. Until it is released the 8 week "clock" simply does not apply to the G-37. There IS no clock that applies to G-37's; not 8 weeks nor 8 months nor any other time period! They will be released when the home office in Austria is good and READY to release them and not before!

Remember how long it took between the time Glock announced the G-36 at a SHOT Show until they were happy enough with IT to release it to the marketplace. It was a matter of many, many, months if not over a year!

I hope this will not be the case with the G-37 as I am eagerly anticipating getting my grasping little mitts on a G-37 myself, but there is no guarantee that the release of the G-37 won't be similarly delayed. Only Austia knows for sure.

Patience, all! ;f

6. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Thanks much for the info. Since this one will join the stable at no out of pocket cost to myself I can patiently wait for the phone call and enjoy the early christmas present. :)

Wait a minute...out of pocket cost? lets see...I travelled to Orlando, match fees, ammo costs, food costs, putting up with the inlaws...HELL I should just bought the darn thing!!! ;g

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Yeah, I figure my "free" Glocks cost me about 1200.00 each! ;f

8. Clem

Clem

. . . . . wouldn't it be great if we could win more than one to help offset the travel expenses? (Flame On!!) Tony

9. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Two and a half weeks to get to my mountain. Pretty new G17 with all the original stuff for a new gun. This is great service from GSSF and GLOCK Incorporated. Thanks much for my new pistol and the opportunity to win more. My first gun win and I will keep this one. I am a inveterate gun trader and everything is for sale or trade...except this one! :)

Now then, for the next win I will add the cash and go for the G34! :cool:

10. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Brave man!;)