GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
AMERICA **** YA
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to take apart my Gen 2 G19 for a full cleaning. Can't get the pin out of above the trigger. I've beaten this thing like a red headed step child and it's not moving.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Is the gen 2 a 2 pin? If it goes through the slide lock I find it helpful to wiggle the slide lock while pushing the pin through.

Sorry, all I have are gen 3's so it may not be much help.

·
just me
8,165 Posts
is it a 2 pined glock or a 3 pined glock ?
does it have 2 pins over the trigger or just one ?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Stop beating on it. It might mushroom. move the slide stop up and down side to side a bit

·
AMERICA **** YA
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 1 pin Gen 2

·
just me
8,165 Posts
Its a 1 pin Gen 2
it's really a 2 pin glock ( trigger pin and the trigger housing pin )
just lay it on a roll of tape

and move the slide stop lever up-down push in-and pullout as you push on the pin ... push it out from the left side of the gun

the slide stop lever is in the slot between 1 and 2

·
AMERICA **** YA
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOT IT!

Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Wiggle the slide release while your moving the pin, it's caught in one of the grooves on the pin.
Whay hobbydad said. The first is never ever beat a pin in or out. When re-installing this pin you go from right to left and wiggle the slide stop. If you go in from left to right you have to pass one of ridges to reach the final. Just get into the habit of removing the pins from left to righ and then going right to left when re-installing.Remember these pins just push out with not much pressure. On a new weapon they can sometimes be very tight. I hope you did not damage the spring of the slide stop.

·
just me
8,165 Posts
Whay hobbydad said. The first is never ever beat a pin in or out. When re-installing this pin you go from right to left and wiggle the slide stop. If you go in from left to right you have to pass one of ridges to reach the final. Just get into the habit of removing the pins from left to righ and then going right to left when re-installing.Remember these pins just push out with not much pressure. On a new weapon they can sometimes be very tight. I hope you did not damage the spring of the slide stop.
it's from the leftside to the rightside and when you reinstall them it's from the right to left :whistling:

·
917 Posts
Well the Glock armorer class I went to they did not use or give us a hammer in class!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
If you need a new stock like lock lever, due to the current one being bent let me know. I have a bunch of leftovers. They are from 3-pin models so they might not fit.

I would not use a hammer of any kind. It's not needed. Just be patient a coax it out. It's like a woman, you gotta talk sweet to it. Treat her right and she will kill for you.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
it's from the leftside to the rightside and when you reinstall them it's from the right to left :whistling:
Gee, I thought that is what I said. :yawn: It has been a very long day for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts