close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pin on Glock 35 Frame Broke

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tomahawk Dude, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Tomahawk Dude

Tomahawk Dude

A pin located behind the slide lock and above the trigger on my Glock 35 Frame broke in half and fell out while I was firing the pistol. It looks like the part that broke and fell out of the frame was the Locking Block pin.

I looked at an Exploded Drawing of a Glock at this website: http://membres.lycos.fr/shooter/glock/gdraw.html At the bottom left corner is the picture of a Locking Block pin in a Glock. This looks like the part that broke off. I do not believe that the pin which broke is the Trigger Pin (Part #28 on the Glock 17 Drawing).

I have owned my Glock 35 for three years and put about 4500 rounds through it without any problems until now.

My questions are:

What might have caused the Locking Block pin to break?

Is this a common occurrence in Glock 35s?

Thank You in advance for any answer.

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Its the locking block pin and they do break occaisonally, not a big deal just replace it.

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

I've seen several of these pins broken, all on .40's.

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

In my as-usual, humble opinion, if you'd use a little heavier recol spring weight, you'd see fewer broken pins. Of course, per Matt, you'd sacrifice competitive-level slide speed.

5. Custom Glock Racing

Walter, you misquote me again. With a heavier spring you sacrifice slide speed and performance, it is not limited to or specifically for competition.

6. jasonfriesen

jasonfriesen

Mine broke too but it's a $2 part, I hear the pins do break from time to time. But my g22 lasted almost 80,000 rds before anything broke and like I said it's only a $2 part. My g22 kept shooting but the slide stop lever would occasionally catch which was the only reason I knew something was wrong.

7. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Matt: Didn't mean to misquote you. Let me rephrase: According to my limited understanding of Matt's opinions regarding slide speed, relative to recoil spring weight, lower spring weights, giving faster slide speeds (I used the term, "competitive speed") is preferential, not only for competition, but for use in a carry weapon, as well.

There. Is that better? :)

Or, in my opinion, if you're willing to put up with broken locking blocks, slide peening, and broken pins, you might find using lighter spring weights to your advantage. (I don't, but you might.)

8. Custom Glock Racing

Funny, I rarely break pins or locking blocks and peening is a non issue in my guns.