Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My G27 with a few extras I recently added. XS Big Dot night sites, Punisher backplate, and an A&G mag extender to run G23 mags. Gonna put on some extended controls and call it a day. Sorry, pictures are less than great but it's easy to snap them with the Blackberry and send them straight to Photobucket...

·
retired
119 Posts
i did the same but with a 22 mag and it printed too much so i made a swap to a 30, which i actually shoot better.

i hadn't thought about sending directly to pb but good tip.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
Your pistol looks great....where did you get the Punisher Backplate, I think it looks Bad Ass...and, the pictures are not so bad

·
Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
I gotta side with Bac1023 on this one. Whether on a glock or a 1911, putting that punisher gear on might be asking for trouble. As a LE shooting investigator, I can tell you how it would color some first responders' opinions of the shooter, justified or not. I think that after market stuff looks cool too, but try to envision how a little old lady sitting on your manslaughter jury might view it once the DA tells her what it represents. To each his own I guess, but I don't know any cops or lawyers who would have such a thing on potential combat pistol. Read some of Ayoob's case files about such things in the gun rags. It never turns out too good for the good guys and it makes a law abiding gun owner look like a teenager from the trailer park.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
It looks sweet. But I would get rid of the punisher for reasons already stated by others. But as I said it looks cool.

·
Controller
2,620 Posts
if your going to put a 23 mag in the 27, just get a 23....i will also pass on the punisher stuff...

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Your pistol looks great....where did you get the Punisher Backplate, I think it looks Bad Ass...and, the pictures are not so bad
I know you can get those Slide Cover Plates on Glockmeister.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice add-ons OP! I have been thinking about doing my slide plate as well but for the reasons mentioned above have held off. I was considering doing the American flag on mine; would that have the same potentially negative reactions as say the punisher logo?

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
The Punisher stuff is not the best idea in the event the gun had to be used and was taken into police custody, but to each his own.

Congrats!
Oh ya, let that information go to a grand jury.... Or in a trial let it go to a jury.... not the best idea in the world, maybe for a range only gun, but not a defensive weapon...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I bought a colored slide plate for one of my Glocks a long time ago. I took it off because it was distracting to me. I can pick up on the sights easier if the plate is stock black.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a G27 with a similar set up, XS sights, Pachmayr rubber grip, and a mag add on so i can use G22 mags (A1C30s have firepower, handguns only have capacity.) I love this set up! it gives me a more comfortable carry gun (I used to carry the G22) with out a compromise on capacity.

Oh and I have an AR15 with a Punisher symbol etched on the lower (Spike's Tactical offers it) and the reasons stated above is exactly why it is a range gun and my Benelli Super Nova Tactical is next to my bed.

I would hate to try and explain in court why the gun i used to shoot some one (even if they deserved it) has the symbol of a Comic book Vigilante on it. A weak lawyer would even be able to capitalize on how he can use that to make u look in the jury's eyes.

As I said I have a gun with the same symbol and I think your G27 is beautiful! thanks for the pics, sorry about the rant.

·
Banned
466 Posts
It's a bit garish for my taste but if you like it that is all that matters...enjoy:wavey:

·
one cool dude
211 Posts
this is my glock 27

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks good bro. I rock the Punisher backplate as well on my carry gun. If I had to stand in front of a jury that will see my Tattoos and judge for that to. But hay as long as you have a good lawyer to defend you and show thats just who you are.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The Punisher stuff is not the best idea in the event the gun had to be used and was taken into police custody, but to each his own.

Congrats!
I have a punisher plate as well.
I don't agree. Same argument as trigger work.
But I guess I'll find out if it happens as will the OP.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts

Congrats!
Nice looking pistol but I agree, in Court stuff like that could be used against you saying that you were just looking for someone to shoot. Still, like I said, it does look cool.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
Thanks fellow GTers.....I had a feeling that it wouldn't be in my best interest to decorate mine like that.....However, it does look cool.

Thanks again for everyones input, I appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts