Pilot to TSA: 'No Groping Me and No Naked Photos'

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by kenpoprofessor, Oct 17, 2010.

1. kenpoprofessor

kenpoprofessor

2. Adjuster

Adjuster

Hasn't this naked image scanner thing been proven internet garbage over and over??? Every report I hear is that all these images on the net are fakes and the scanner has no where near the detail people have been falsely lead to believe. Not to mention by law the images are not stored or saved in any manner. What do I care if some chic/dude sees the outline of my body for all of 10 seconds or less until the next person steps through.

3. sopdan

sopdan

No, not to my knowledge. Remember the TSA employee who went berserk when his coworkers made fun of his small willy in the x-ray a month or two ago? There has been talk recently of modifying the software to give more generic images, but I guarantee its not implemented yet.

Call me paranoid, if you will, but the laws don't mean squat. Especially to the feds.

Don't even get me started on the TSA's treatment of crew members... you know, the people in direct control of the airplanes. I'll just say that if they spent half the manpower and time that they use trying to bust crew members on other tactics like behavioral profiling, they'd be much more effective at their job. (and I'm not even talking at the checkpoints, but inside the airports and on airplanes.... they just about never, ever, successfully bust pilots or FAs, either)

4. Mr. Gekko

Mr. Gekko

I'm going to bite my tongue and not comment on his story because I have no way to know if it is true.

I will say he did not make his situation any better by opening his mouth to security and publishing the story on the net if it is true.

5. jknight8907

jknight8907

Soon to be a job opening at ExpressJet.

6. sopdan

sopdan

7. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

If you think they can't see your naughty bits in the scanner, you're living in a dream world.

It's been on the news several times over the past few months that yes, you CAN see peoples private areas quite clearly, and yes, they ARE saving the images despite saying they do not.

8. OldLincoln

OldLincoln

Hah, years ago there was a thing about taking infra red photos through a red filter so you saw everything. I found that hard to believe so I followed up and saw photos of fully dressed people to their skin surprisingly clear. I'm not talking fuzzy outlines but everything.

They really don't need all this fancy equipment just to scan, but it is clear and it can be abused. If you want to cause a stir. stick a couple fake sausages in you pants and go through. Bet they make you repeat that a few times as they start handing pics around.

9. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

I don't like airports treating me like a criminal, I don't like airlines treating me like an animal, and I don't like paying major bucks for the privilege. Hence, I won't fly at all.

10. goldenlight

goldenlight

This.

11. chris in va

chris in va

Yeah well...some people NEED to fly, otherwise they're looking at a 24 hour road trip.

12. UTKEngineer

UTKEngineer

If the scanners have such crappy resolution, why are they so hot to put them in every freakin' airport at the tune of a few hundred thousand dollars? For that matter, why do all of the "official" shots feature someone wearing lead undies so we can see THEIR privates?

What REALLY irks me is that these aren't a tremendous improvement over existing security methods, but the admin/TSA wants to spend a TREMENDOUS amount of money and invade my privacy just for the perception of increased security.

13. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I don't care what anyone says, I agree with this pilot. I can't believe how readily people are willing to give up their civil liberties and rights. I don't fly anymore because of the ridiculous searches and the fact I don't agree with them at all. I am an American and I have the RIGHT to move about this nation freely without having to show my "papers" let alone subject myself to searches that I deem unconstitutional as the assume guilt without evidence a complete and total contradiction of innocent until proven guilty.

Good for him for standing up and saying ENOUGH! He has more balls then many I see...

14. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

So they'd rather have convenience than freedom. They deserve what they get. If more people fought it, change would happen. But they don't, and so they get treated like the sheep they are.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. - I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  15. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Nice quote... and I agree.

16. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Information Age. Internet. If it's recorded by a modern device expect it to end on on youtube or something. Doesn't matter how private it should be. Just a fact of life at this point. I've been told I'm well endowed and I do not want the government taking pictures of my junk. :whistling:

17. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

The War on Terror is the same as the War on Drugs. As fought, they are both more economically stimulating than not "fighting" it or fighting in such a way as to actually have a chance of winning.

18. jp3975

jp3975

They should just come up with a program that blurs the genetals. Shouldnt be hard.

Really they just should have dont this and not told anyone about it. Would probably have caught a lot of terrorists that way.

Personally i feel safer going on a plane that screens in this manner and have no problem with it. People who do should be given the option of a search.

No one is loosing "freedoms" of any sort. You can always choose boat, train, bus, or car. And no one's stopping you from flying in the first place.

Maybe if some of you have a loved one die because someone snuck something on a plane you'll change your tune.

19. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Blur the genitals sounds easy but blurred how much? Enough so that detail can not be seen? Is that enough that the diaper bomber could still have passed security? What about a bra bomber? I am always amazed that some are willing to give up freedom for a sense of security. A Founder or two warned us against that. The truth is that security could be handled in such as way that the majority of people would not be subject to that kind of intrusiveness. The one draw back of our system of government was the illusion that it had no biases. It does and it should.

20. jp3975

jp3975

Blured enough so that its pixlated and maybe gives the illusion of all men having giant ***** :rofl:

...but still be able to pick out things that dont belong.

Anyone suspect can be sent aside for further investigation.

GIVE UP WHAT FREEDOM?

You can travel any method you choose. That's freedom isnt it? And who really cares if they can see your junk? Everyone has it. You're not giving up one bit of freedom.

If you are giving up freedom, what freedom are you giving up?