Pilatus jobs?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Sambolijah, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Sambolijah

Sambolijah .

Any Pilatus pilots out there? I'm curious what kind of requirements are common right now. I've got a commercial SEL and MEL with instrument, some glass time, and lots of mountain flying. The PC-12 is what I'm specifically looking into.:)

2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

The -12 is becoming very, very popular with air ambulance services (huge side door for strechers) Maybe look that way? HH

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

I just spent 2.5 years as a PC-12 A&P with an EMS program in Bend Oregon. Good airframe overall. I don't know anyting about pilot stuff but we all worked for Air Methods and I'm sure you could contact them with your questions.

4. Superfueler

Superfueler Glockenplane

Alpha Flying is hiring. Good operation, starting pay is a little low but you can upgrade quick, and they just placed an order for 25 jets, so you have something to move on to if you get bored with the PC-12. They have 30 PC-12's now. If you want more info PM me.

5. elgoatropo

elgoatropo

6. Juliet Lima

Juliet Lima Hawaiian Guy

I'm not a pilot. I do know though that Native Air flies PC-12's for air ambulance purposes based in Phoenix. Actually, out of Mesa to be exact. IWA airport. Not much real information though, just that their there.

7. sopdan

sopdan

I know many people that went to work for Alpha. I wouldn't exactly call the starting pay "low"... it's more than you'll make 1st year at a regional for being an FO in a single pilot, single engine airplane.

Most people I know that went over there are very happy at the company.

8. Superfueler

Superfueler Glockenplane

True, but McDonald's employees make more than most first year f/o's. :)

Regardless, I'm actually going to work at Alpha, mostly so I can move back to New England, but I also think it would be a good place to spend a few years, and if they change a few pay and QOL things, perhaps a good place to spend the rest of my career.

9. sopdan

sopdan

And that's a whollllllllle nother topic. (which i was just talking to my barber about the other day...... and he was disgusted about the fact :))

I wasn't slighting the company at all, if I had grown up in NH, it would've been very tempting to go there (and very easy to go there from where I instructed).

Again, I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about Alpha.

10. Superfueler

Superfueler Glockenplane

No, I did not think you were slighting the company, I was more commenting on how pathetic the regionals pay their pilots, at least for the first year. I agree that the pay for a PC-12 f/o is pretty good, but their 10 year pay rates aren't that great, and in this job market if you've been there more than 5 years it would be really easy to leave for a better paying job. Alot of guys recently left for Avantair, who pays better to start, and their top pay is about $20k more than AF. One thing keeping alot of guys at AF is a lack of multi time, but once the Grob shows up and people start getting multi time, there may be a mass exodus if there isn't an improvement in pay rates.

Anyway, I am looking forward to spending a few years there at least, get some good experience, and then see what happens.