close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pike personal record.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Trap kid, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Trap kid

Trap kid packers rule

I was up in wisconsin this weekend and today before we left I cought my biggest pike so far, it was an enormously fat 32 incher. he is on the frying pan right now. Mmm cant waight. We also brought back some walleye.;f

2. glockandgroovin'

glockandgroovin' Devil Dog

Wow that is a nice pike!I bet it looked like a gator.I used to fish for pike all the time when i lived in upstate N.Y.They are a blast to catch,talk about a fight.Throw on a red and white daredevil and hold on.Used to catch a ton of walleye also,good eatin'.

3. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

Nice fish!! Pike sure are tasty!!

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

86 the pike and eat the walleye!

5. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Ah... Walter... I agree, I'd eat the walleye first too. But, pike from cold, clear, water are delicious. They have those damned 'Y' bones. But, with a little experience, they can be removed.

The remanining flesh is white and flakey - very tasty. Small pike are great pickled or ground and made into fish pattys. I don't care to eat th e big ones. I usually throw them back.

My biggest pike was 22# - I didnt' measure it. I did measure one that was 37 inches - it weighed 16#. I caught both of those in N. Wisconsin when I was a kid.

6. vart

vart

My dad caught the Idaho state record Pike last year, but didn't realize it and released it.
    He's used to fishing for them in Alberta, so when he caught a massive 42 lb. monster, he thought it was big, but not THAT big. Turns out that the Idaho state record is around 39 lbs. Luckily, he weighed it and took a bunch of pictures before releasing it.

7. Trap kid

Trap kid packers rule

;P

8. Esox357

Esox357

I pike fish with a fly rod and caught a 37 inch, 13 lb 2oz Northern and recieve the Nebraska Master Angler for it in 1997. It took about a 1/2 hour to play him on the fly rod, it was awesome. Congrats on your "Water Wolf" and keep fishing. Esox357