Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pigzilla is real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-eat-garbage-bin-near-school.html?mrn_rm=als1

This was near a school in Hong Kong. No way that would be acceptable here. I have my doubts that the authorities in Hong Kong did anything about this. But it goes without saying that this pig would have easily killed any child unfortunate enough to come across it.

Some 300 grain hammerheads from a .454 Casull ought a take care of that. And lots of bacon to go around!

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm going with a rifle for that monster. 300 Win Mag should get 'er done.
I've got a 16" carbine in .454 Casull. If a 300 grain round at 2,000 fps can't do the job inside of 75 yards or less, then by all means get a rifle caliber, lol.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Just THINK of the BLT you could make with that Boss Hog!

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
525 grain Piledriver.... 10 of 'em.

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
Pigzilla is real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-eat-garbage-bin-near-school.html?mrn_rm=als1

This was near a school in Hong Kong. No way that would be acceptable here. I have my doubts that the authorities in Hong Kong did anything about this. But it goes without saying that this pig would have easily killed any child unfortunate enough to come across it.

Some 300 grain hammerheads from a .454 Casull ought a take care of that. And lots of bacon to go around!
When did Rosie O'Dummy move to Hong Kong? :laughing:

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still can't tell. Are those the big Yao Ming Chinese guys or the little tiny Chinese guys. I need that pig to walk past something American like a fat Walmart shopper on an electric scooter.
Meh, I just googled "Chinese metric dumpsters", and that's what came up. Take it for what you will.

Still.....that's a big freaking pig. I'm guessing about 600 lbs, thereabouts.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s a great excuse for me to unleash my Ruger Mk77 in 458 Winchester Magnum.
*Wife looks at you while you clamor out the door with your rifle*

"Honey, it's PIGZILLA! I HAVE to do SOMETHING!"

Yell back over your shoulder: "if you don't kill him, he wins!"

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hong Kong? Really? I've been there many times and never imagined that there could even be wild boar there.
Maybe in the rural parts? I've never been to Hong Kong myself. Dad has though.

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,706 Posts
Has anyone here ever shot a pig?
I shot about 15 and I've seen them shake off lots of gun wounds.
I shot a 200 pounder at 6 feet with my 7mm Rem Mag and it went a quarter mile and barely bled a drop.
I hit one in the guts and I found the guts the next day pulled out when they got caught on a fence and I never found that hog.
Shot one in the forehead with a .243 and it fell down but didn't go in.
I shot one in the jaw and The jaw fell off and my kid found it on a hole 6 hours later and finished it off with an 06 in the eye.

I would like a poke at a hog this big but it wouldn't be easy with anything under .338 lapua or some other serious cannon.

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,706 Posts
Found a hog (125 pounds maybe) that had an arrow in its shoulder laying under a tree. I shot it laying down but missed the spine. My buddy hit it twice with his 440 marlin and we didn't find it at all.

Friend of mine hit one with a 7 mag twice and it did die when it fell off a cliff when the dogs chased it.

Good times....,

1 - 20 of 59 Posts