close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pig hunting in Northern CA?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by SJCA35, Dec 31, 2002.

1. SJCA35

SJCA35

I've been thinking of doing a pig hunt with my grandfather sometime early 2003. Both the first time either of us hunting together or hunting pig.

Anyways, I'm hoping someone here can give some advice on where to hunt within a few hundred miles of the Bay Area. My grandfather hunts once or twice a year (duck or pheseant usually), but due to his age probably isn't up for a long hike on rough terrain. Also, he's not really the type to pay hundreds of dollars to hunt on private land or for a guide which seems to be common around here.

I know I'm asking for a lot with all these restrictions, but I figure this would be the place to find someone with the answer!

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. eisman

eisman ARGH! CLM

From now through Easter should be excellent hunting. If you can find someone to let you hunt their land the area around Stockton has plent of pigs.

Ft Hunter Liggett and Camp Roberts also have good pig hunting. Dogs are not allowed. However both do get closed at times without any prior notice when there is a call for Guard and Reserve troops. I wouldn't bet on using them this year.

I should warn you that both of these areas do require a lot of walking up and down the hills in very broken ground. That's where the pigs are.

3. Bruz

Bruz

The zoo? Jes kidden...I second Camp Roberts and the whole area around King City and Paso Robles. It's not flat but there are alot of em so might not have to walk as much. Good luck!