close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Piers Morgan is at it again tonight

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sjfrellc, Dec 21, 2012.

1. sjfrellc

sjfrellc CLM

I feel like I'm in a bizarro world with Piers Morgan not letting John Lott explain himself. Keeps cutting him off and demanding that John Lott tell him how fast an AR-15 can shoot. The correct answer according to Piers is "46 rounds per second and over 100 per minute". Rather than the same rate that all semis can be shot at. He refuses to acknowledge the gun can be used for self defense when a law abiding citizen might be attacked with overwhelming force.

He also refuses to acknowledge that proposed new laws would not achieve the intended effect saying "well you have to try, though". No mention of unintended consequences of new laws for law abiding citizens.

I was entertained, but most certainly saddened by watching Piers Morgan.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. cesaros

cesaros

the technical rate of fire is 12-15rpm sustained, 45rpm semi...and if you have a real M4, 90rpm burst.

Mr Morgan is wrong on all accounts...looks like google failed him on the research front.

Thank god Piers didn't get ahold of the cyclic rate of fire! He'd be saying a person could shoot 970rpm :rofl:

3. Scott3670

Scott3670

Piers Morgan is a cancerous tumor on the a-hole of journalism. I have decided to no longer watch his show (not that I watched that many of his shows).

4. Little Joe

Little Joe

I refuse to give him the click. Why boost his ratings. He intentionally insults peoples' intelligence by refusing to acknowledge common sense. That leaves him with zero credibility with me. Just another fool to ignore.

5. 97XJ_Sport

97XJ_Sport

I hope Jeremy Clarkson punches him in the face again.

6. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

I don't quite understand why anyone cares what the feller says. :headscratch:

You can call a pig a sheep, but that doesn't mean you'll get any wool from it.

Ignore him.
    It's Christmas.
    Be happy.

7. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

Piers says 4-6 per second, which would be 240 to 360 a minute. But he says 4-6 per second, or 100 per minute. Do AR15s start getting lazy, or?
    100 RPM is 1.6 per second, but 6 RPS is more than 100 RPM...
    I'm confused.

8. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

I don't watch his show. He preaches to his choir.

9. sjfrellc

sjfrellc CLM

I was confused because he seemed to be so agitated that I thought he was saying 46 per second rather than 4-6.

I was down in Atlanta a couple years ago and I toured the CNN studios. I was kind of creeped out and realized that they have zombies sitting at computers just harvesting news data and trying to be dramatic and broadcast it so it sounds good to their audience rather than just report the facts. I realized that I was right to have not watched it for decades--just pure liberal slanted crap.

It is kind of ironic that CNN was spawned by Ted Turner, one of the most talented men on the planet, who in the quest to make a buck as a capitalist sold his soul to CNN and then Time Warner.

What would Ted Turner think if he was attacked by some angry bison and the national law was that he could only have a neutered self defense firearm?

10. 50 Cent

50 Cent

Wonder what Piers will be ranting about when they deport him for the phone hacking he did in Lame Britain ?? :rofl:

11. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

**** Piers Morgan.

12. VinnieG

VinnieG

He is takin into consideration your finger Gettin tired. Lol. He is an idiot

13. singularity35

singularity35

14. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Why would you waste your time watching that idiot??

disclaimer- I've only seen snippets of his drivel and do not watch any cable news programing.

15. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

He is far worse than a misinformed journalist. Like a typical progressive, PM has seized upon the tragedy at Newtown to improve his ratings at the expense of the shooting victims.

He is an opportunistic vulture who lies and fakes deep emotion about the shootings to further his career. His encouragement by CNN is testimony of that network's commitment to sensationalism instead of objective reporting. I used to think CNN was better than MSNBS, NBC and others, but round-the-clock coverage of this event with a prominent anti-gun bias erases any positive opinion I had.

Gun owners need to boycott CNN and let management know why. Piers Morgan needs to be identified as the chief source of dissatisfaction with the company's controversial coverage of Newtown's tragic experience.

What's the best way to communicate a complaint to CNN? I have the feeling they really don't want to hear from viewers, so e-mail comments drop into a dark cyberspace hole.

16. JDennis

JDennis

Morgans a puke plain and simple. Brits seem to be very communalistic. If I ever had the chance to see and talk to the guy. After I punched him in the noggin, my one and only question would be if your own country didn't want you there what makes you think your welcome here. Then after that I would state simon cowell kicked your a** at your own game. (Huge rivalry there)

17. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Watched him the other night, bout chucked my glock into the TV!

Guy is an idiot!!

18. Kasinefect

Kasinefect

I saw Morgan's show tonight;it was the first time I watched the entire program. As with many "talk show hosts" do , his technique of asking a question and then shouting down the person who asked the question if they do not agree with him is nauseating. Maybe it is just me but his "panel' onstage was heavy with foreign born liberals along with the domestic variety, guess I just found it odd because we have enough of the U.S. born variety spreading their propaganda. Perhaps he thinks this makes him look more "worldly."

19. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

6 per second is a split time of 0.16s - pretty eph'ing fast.

I'm a pretty good pistol shooter, and I can make splits of 0.18s on a close target with 130 pf loads.

I'd like to see this ****ole take an AR at the range and see what he can do - what would be his splits and even if he'd hit the target @ 7 yards.

20. AZ DBLTRBL

AZ DBLTRBL Out Of Order CLM

No kidding. On another note...ya know what CNN needs? A MUTE. :shakehead: