close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Picture TAKING software

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by M1KEY, Nov 28, 2006.

1. M1KEY

M1KEY

I am looking for software so I can hook up my camera to my laptop and take the picture with my laptop. I would like to be able to change all the settings and what not right from the computer. anyone use such a thing for stills?

2. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Absolutely. High-end makes sell (or give away) software for tethered shooting with their cameras. I know that Fuji has one, Nikon sells one for D2X and D200, and I believe Canon has one also for their top offerings (but I don't remember the details).

Which camera do you shoot?

3. M1KEY

M1KEY

olympus e-500

4. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

From the Olympus website FAQ:

5. M1KEY

M1KEY

why thank you kind person. im gunna look in to that. thanks again:)

edited to add: unfortunately, olympus studio can only control e-1 and e-300 cameras. i read that in the faq and tried downloading the trial anyway to see if it would work with my e-500 and it didnt. thanks for the research though. if you hear about anything that will control my olympus id appreciate it. you know whats odd? when i connect the camera to my comp, it has the control option but olympus doesnt even ofter software to do it. grrrr:steamed:

6. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Weird that they pretty much indicated in FAQ that it would. It's strange, too, that they would support one and not the other. :dunno: One can never figure out corporate decisions.

7. M1KEY

M1KEY

yeah when you go to the olympus studio 1.5 page it says the control function only works on the e-1 and e-300. i have no idea why they would limit it to the e-300 and on top of that, put "control" in the connected to computer menu.