close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Picture Req. M&P Fullsize and P229

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by HomeLandPatriot, Feb 13, 2010.

1. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

Could someone with a fullsize S&W M&P and a Sig 229 post up a couple pictures for a size comparison? A picture with the 229 laying on the M&P would be most helpful.

Thanks

2. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

If someone doesn't get to it by this time tomorrow, I'll snap a couple pics for you.

4. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

That would be much appreciated.

Thanks

5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

6. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

Thank you very much sir.

I've been thinking about selling or trading my M&P to pick up a 229 DAK. I gotta say though, I thought the 229 would be a little bit smaller than the pictures shown. In your experience, is the 229 markedly smaller than you M&P or is it close to the same with being carried.

The 229 bbl is .5" shorter, so that makes for something, but the overall lengths of the guns are quite close according to the two respective websites.

7. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

The P229 is thicker and heavier than the M&P and you are giving up 3 rounds. I don't think the size difference is noticeable. Depends what you are looking to gain.

8. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

We'll, I owned a 229 DAK in the past and loved it. At the time the best fitting gun I'd ever held. We'll we had to part ways, and now I have loved and carried a fullsize M&P for about a year, and I find myself in the same dilemma I found myself in when I had a g19..... I'm just not much a fan of polymer.

I really like the polymer for a while...its light, its easy to maintain and above all (specifically the M&P) it feels great in my hand. But over time I just get bored with the polymer frame, and they start to feel like toys in my hands. I've always liked the extra heft of all metal guns, and the 229DAK feels great, and is also the only sale I have had to make that I didn't want to.

Maybe I'm bored with the polymer and maybe I want a new pistol, idk... but this has been eating at me for about a week now, and in the back of my mind since I sold my original 229. Unfortunately I can't own both, as in the past one has always just sat while the other gets carried.

9. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot