Pictorial guide to GEN1 variants, accessories, and early GEN2

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by geefal, Nov 12, 2019.

1. premiertactical

premiertactical

Noting changes between the various parts where you can is a huge help.
    I assume that what you show in paperwork is believed to be accurate and complete for that particular run.
    Hopefully these posts can be considered the definitive representation of a particular series.

2. geefal

geefal

correct on the paperwork/parts, the guns pictured will be ones where I am aware of the provenance of originality and am certain are completely correct for the serial pictured.

That being said, it is not saying that on some you may not see something different on yours as far as parts because of the carryover of older parts into newer guns. In example, while it may be correct to see the AF series Extractor Depressor Plunger in a C series, it is impossible for a C series Extractor Depressor Plunger to be in an AF and still be correct.

3. 58sniper

58sniper

Interesting that the AF had the pinned front sight and not the staked front sight.

4. geefal

geefal

In every single one I own and have owned, I have never seen a staked front sight. I honestly know zero about when they were used and why as I have no experience with them. I currently own 4 A series and have sold 3 in addition to the 4 I currently have. All seven (along with all the B's, C,'s, D's, E's, F's I currently own and have owned) had the pinned sight. If you can provide any insight into them it is appreciated

(Edited to correct my statement that all had the pinned sight not the staked)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  5. Marcus99

Marcus99

I second this. In all of the early gen 1’s that I have seen a pinned front sight has been correct, including my AK prefix pencil barrel. I believe there is often confusion (including on my own part perhaps in past posts!) as to pinned vs. staked:

A pinned front sight has a small plastic post (a stake, in a sense, which renders this comparison confusing in terminology) driven (staked!) into the front sight. A staked front sight has been pressed into place by spreading the circumference of the base of the sight outwards.

I believe Glock from the factory only staked night sights, and only for a relatively brief period of time before either returning to pins or switching to set screws. I don’t know why staked front sights weren’t more common, but if I were to guess it would be difficulty in removal.

geefal likes this.
  6. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Looks like the beginnings of an awesome thread!!!!

Thank you so much.

I'm just trying to get settled back in after getting back into the country but I will be happy to add to this thread as I have time.

7. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

I should amend my above post to note that I believe that in time that these guns will be considered among the crown jewels of modern firearms collecting period.

I think that Glocks are one of if not the most important handguns of the latter part of the twentieth century.

The Glock 19 is the most popular Glock model in the United States and likely in the free world.

The Gen 1 Glock 19s were only issued in the United States.

As is obvious very few survive.

Given the above I think it is a safe bet that the Gen 1 Glock 19 will be widely considered to be one of the most important and likely valuable collectible modern handguns in the coming years.

RMR17 likes this.
  8. geefal

geefal

would like to request pictures from fellow members of the following guns as I do not have them. I am looking for guns that are completely original examples with NIB being preferred.

Early B series before the serial jump
    C series
    DN series GEN1 19
    and any pictures of the ported gen2 17L

I will continue to fill in the rest of my post over the next couple of weeks

58sniper likes this.