close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pics of my new kitten.......

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by ATL Peach Girl, Oct 17, 2004.

1. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I think I have the names narrowed down to "Merlot" and "Milo".......

Here is the first of three pics.......

2. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Final one.........

Is he the one you looked at B27??? He came from "Society of Humane Friends--Duluth".....

4. m1911a1

m1911a1

so whats the story ? , you now have two cats ? or am i missing something here ?

5. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

yeah.......

I adopted Max", a seal point male siamese rescue in July......

And then I just adopted this 6-8 week old kitten yesterday......

Yep......I have 2 cats now.......

6. B27

B27 57 state tour! CLM

ATL Peach Girl-
    I do believe he may very well the same one I had to make myself walk away from.
    I really wanted him but since I'm already in the process of getting two kittens and a nine year old cat to become happy housemates, good sense prevailed.

I'm very happy to know things turned out so well for him.:)

7. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink

As a cat person, we adopted a cat that was raised with pitbulls, I am glad the arm in the first picture was NOT mine. By the third picture he looked likeable. Congratulations new mom.

8. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

Cute pics!

I also have a new kitten. My daughter-in-law was driving home from work one recent evening when she spotted a tiny kitten sitting in the middle of one of the country roads around here.
    It only appeared to be 4 weeks old (maybe 5, max). The kitten was just sitting there crying/meowing as the other cars swerved to avoid hitting it. Needless to say, she opened her car door, picked it up and took it home. Long story short - she called me on the phone and asked if I wanted it. Being an animal lover, I couldn't say "no". I named her "Mitsi" and have had her about 3 weeks, now.

9. CanadianGlockFan

CanadianGlockFan

He looks like a "Milo" to me ... :)

10. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

Congratulations on your new room mate. Definitely a cutie. I hope that your Siamese and this one get along. This new one looks like a Siamese ???? mix. Any idea of its ancestry? Much hapiness with the both of them.;f ;f

11. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Thanks Hugh!!!

Yeah he is a siamese mix.....but with full marking. His sister was a "lynx" point siamese and then he has 2 black and white siblings (like Ponti's kitties), so yeah his mother "got around"----you knew cats can have multiple fathers for their kittens right??? I do not know what the mother looks like, but she is a feral cat......and the shelter is trying to tame her down and got her spayed.

Yeah my other cat likes him....licks him and calls out to him when he can't find him....it's pretty cute. BUT I have to put the kitten in the bathroom when I work with his box, food and bed because he is sooooo little and Max the older siamese is kind rough on him with his tackles and rough housing.......some day soon the kitten is gonna whup Max's butt.......I see that day coming!!!

Max likes to tumble and play wrestle and I have to get after him at times because he play bites the kitten and every so often I hear the kitten let out a yowl......the kitten's just happy to curl up in my arms and be held.......

When giving him a bath yesterday (with regular cat shampoo) however I saw LOTS of black specks in his fur......

Is that fleas or flea eggs or flea poop???? You can't use the flea stuff on young kittens according to the directions and I am sure he has given Max fleas now.......

I notice all the cat flea shampoos also say do not use on kittens younger than 4 months.......

I planned to take the kitten to the vet this week anyway so will get him checked out......

Miss Kitty??? What do you know about flea treatment on very young kittens (6-8 weeks old like this one) ???

12. KennyC

KennyC

Congrats on the kitten, markings a lot like my female cat.

Were the black specks moving? The shampoo will help, and there's probably something you can use even on kittens...

KAC

13. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Nope the black specks weren't moving.......

They looked to be embedded in the fur.......

I will just take him for his first kitten check up this week.......

update: I am seeing moving insects in his fur.....many around his neck area......fleas!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

the thing is, all these flea shampoos, and liquids are for kittens 12 weeks old and older......the vet will have some solutions I am sure!!!:( :( :(

14. Dragline

Dragline

Awww what a purrdy kitty! Good on you Peachie for giving him a great home. :)

15. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Oh Peachie, he is adorable!! I love kitties!! :) :)

16. bethann

bethann

How old is he? I use Frontline and love this stuff. All it takes is 1-2 pumps per pound of body weight, so for a tiny kitten, maybe 1 squirt is all you'd need. Frontline can be purchased from any vet and is labled for kittens, puppies, dogs & cats 8 weeks & over.
    In the past when I've noticed a flea or two on puppies younger than 8 weeks I've taken a comb, sprayed a little frontline on the comb and then run that through the pups coat where I see the flea.
    Hope this helps.
    Beth Ann

17. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Thanks for the info Bethann.......!!! Most of the flea meds were 12 weeks and above and so I was glad to hear there was one that can be used on 8 week olds......

The adoption papers say he is 6--8 weeks....but he is a little bigger than 6 weeks....so 8 weeks would be right on........he seems pretty steady on his feet and had no separation anxiety from his littermates, once he saw Max......LOL!!!

I believe he was born on or around August 21st of this year........I am gonna use August 21st as his B-Day.......

So I hope there is something the vet can give me......he is scratching every so often.......

I will take him in tomorrow.......

18. bethann

bethann

He should be plenty old enough for Frontline Plus or something similar. I only use Frontline Spray for tiny puppies that are too small or too young for the drops and I use a very tiny amount on them.
    What do you use on your older cat to control fleas?
    I always keep a bottle of Frontline Spray on hand but for my adult dogs (a toy breed) I use Frontline Plus. They make it for cats too and it is labled for 8 weeks and older so your vet should be able to give you something tomorrow to get rid of them. This is the drops that you put between their shoulders. My 3 cats hate it though and hide when they see me get the box out, but it works better than anything I've ever tried before.
    I like the Plus rather than the regular Frontline because it has the insect growth inhibitor to keep eggs and larvae from developing instead of just killing the adult fleas.
    If there are alot of fleas on him you might want to ask your vet about Capstar, which is a pill (about $2-$3) you give him and it will kill the fleas that are on him right now. If you do this, you'll need to give one to your other cat too, or they will just jump back on him. Capstar doesn't last long though so get a topical treatment also to kill and repel any that may get on him later.
    Beth Ann

19. bethann

bethann

If you want to try it, Capstar makes a pill for 2 pounds and up and can be used on kittens 4 weeks and older. Like I said in my earlier post though, it only last for 24 hours so use something else that will keep killing after this stuff quits working. I've used it on my pups before, like before they went to their new homes, and have never had a reaction yet.
    Beth Ann

20. B27

B27 57 state tour! CLM

ATL Peach Girl-
    As you know now what you were seeing was flea dirt.
    Digested blood excreted by fleas.

And I agree with bethann...Frontline Plus.

The cats may well not like it and be mad at you for a little while, but it WORKS.

It breaks the cycle of fleas, eggs, hatching.

Feets the cat goes ballistic as soon as I break open that little vial and it is rare for me not to shed some blood in the process, but it is worth it not to have fleas on my critters or in my home.