close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pics of my new ASAI One Pro 45 :)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bac1023, Jul 20, 2013.

1. bac1023

bac1023

Yesterday I picked up the ASAI One Pro that I won on Gunbroker last week. The basic design is that of the CZ 75, but they differ a bit in appearance and overall feel. ASAI stands for Advanced Small Arms Industries. They were built in Switzerland about 15 years ago. Magnum Research imported a small number of these into the USA at the time, but only in 45ACP. Therefore, the chances of finding one sitting at your local shop are almost nonexistent, especially 15 years after the fact. Although, it uses a very common design, the gun has a rather unique look to it, as you can see. As many of you know, I love that sort of thing. :cool:

From what I understand, this pistol was actually a SOCOM hopeful back in the day. I heard that some a couple different sources over the years. Whether or not it actually competed in a SOCOM pistol trial, I'm really not sure. The build quality suggests that it could be true, but the brick-like 40oz unloaded weight gives me some doubt. Whatever the case may be, what we have here is a high quality, heavy duty, all steel Swiss pistol based on a very proven design.

This particular example is in great (97%) condition. I got it for $675 and it came five magazines. It came with two and then three extras (not pictured). As you can see, I also got the original box, papers, and cleaning kit, so I feel I got a good deal. The gun itself has a very lightweight trigger. Its probably the lightest DA trigger I've felt on a handgun. The One Pro features a decocker, which is different from the original CZ 75 design. The front and back strap treatment is identical to that of a original Sphinx pistols, as they were designed by the same person. Despite that similarity and history, this pistol feels much different than a Sphinx and is also much lower in cost. The grips are a hard black plastic, which offer a marginally secure grip at best. The finish is some sort of bluish gray coating that is rather smooth and somewhat slippery to the touch, but looks nice and even. The slide serrations look a bit odd, but they do give you a grippy surface to hold on to. If you couple that with the fact that the slide is slightly taller, it makes the slide on the ASAI One Pro a bit easier to rack than on a CZ 75. Of course, as with the CZ 75, the One Pro's slide rides inside the frame instead of over it.

Upon picking this gun up, you immediately notice the weight. As I mentioned before, it weighs in on my digital scale at 40oz unloaded. In fact, it weighs about the same as my CZ 97B. The CZ 97B has a barrel almost an inch longer and also a longer and wider grip frame. The fact that they still weigh the same should give you an idea of how dense and solid the ASAI is. :wow:

Quality-wise, this pistol is certainly no Sig P210 or even a Sphinx. However, being built in the same country, I'm sure it was compared to those other handguns back in the day. I would put the One Pro just ahead of CZ on a quality scale, which still says a great deal about this pistol. The trigger and finish are much nicer than CZ in my opinion. I find it an interesting and cool looking auto.

Does anyone have a One Pro?

As always, please enjoy the pics and share your thoughts.

Thanks! :supergrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bac1023

bac1023

3. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Nice pickup. At least MRI was tasteful with the import stamp. The Sigs imported by PW Arms look awful.

4. bno762

bno762

Nice. I'm really liking these European pistols. That one looks like it's built like a tank.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  5. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

6. bac1023

bac1023

That it is...

:)

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

8. bac1023

bac1023

Very true, fnfalman

This one isn't quite as nice as my Sphinx, but its certainly not bad. :cool:

9. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Nice.
    Very clean looking.

10. lifesizepotato

lifesizepotato TatersGonnaTate

I got one a couple years ago from a random pawn shop. The crazy thing - he had TWO. Mine was NIB, the other was lightly used, but still, what are the odds of that? He swore they were from two different people, too.

[​IMG]

I'm extremely accurate with mine, probably due to the insanely light SA. I shoot cloverleafs at 10-12 yards. I love the heavy weight.

11. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

i like it very cool

12. willieH

willieH

Another nice find. The diagonal cut across the muzzle end give the pistol a futuristic flair. The slide release and decocker controls appear well built and pronounced. I'll bet the weight makes it one sweet shooting 45.

13. grecco

grecco

14. Bruce M

Bruce M

Very intriguing. I agree the diagonal cut makes it look very modern.

15. Slug71

Slug71

Nice looking pistol!

16. blueshot3

blueshot3

17. bac1023

bac1023

It is...

18. bac1023

bac1023

Wow, that is strange indeed.

Glad to hear you like yours. I can't wait to get it to the range. :)

19. Pier23

Pier23

Your stories are as much of a treat as the weapons themselves. Never heard of this. Fascinating!

20. Glock40man

Glock40man

Very cool!

Congrats!:cool: