close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Picking up brass in Richmond

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by myglockisa23, Apr 24, 2004.

1. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

Don't mean to sound like I'm whinning but when did the RO's start allowing shooters to pick up their brass between rounds? I won't mention the team the shooter was representing (red shirt) but I stood there waiting for 5 minutes after the shooter finished and even one of the RO's was helping him pick it up! This was at the plates around 3:15 Saturday.

2. flaco

flaco

Bet a Buck they was pickin up that GAP brass..........

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

It was most definately GAP brass and the Club did not want it left there and stated we could pick it up. I personally know who you are speeking of and you did not wait near the time you mentioned. Plus you could not have shot any sooner because we were also waiting on the PDA Printer to print the score. ^c

4. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

If that is the case, they should have told all competitors so that everyone would have picked up their GAP brass, No? Doesn't seem to solve the problem if only a couple of people pick it up.

And what is so bad about GAP that it could not be left there?

Still seems easier to me to wait till match is over, and then pick it all up, and use a tarp, it is much easier.

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

We did not "hold up" anyone from shooting by picking up our 45GAP brass!! The RO's DID NOT WANT that brass in the first place!!!!!Like Don STATED, the PDA's where running very slow today at most of the stages and as soon as the scoring was finished AND the recipt was printed we where getting out of the way for the next shooter!!!!Don't complain about having to wait IF you don't put your name on the sign-in sheet at ALL the stages FIRST.;l
    The "Team Carver Mounts" shirts are RED!
    Dan:cool:

6. THE VOID

THE VOID

Someone in front of me picked up brass too. But, they were done before the pasters were clear and the PDA printed. No holdup.

Dayton

7. GTA

GTA

First off, it would be at the RO's discretion if the competitor was allowed to pick up the GAP brass. Even I was told to wait until the RO's were down range scoring before I sorted for my brass.

Secondly, the availability of GAP brass for reloading is non-existant, so picking up any GAP brass is beneficial.

And thirdly, If you were collecting GAP brass (hypathetically), would you want someone else getting your brass????

Overall, the match went great! The RO's were very friendly, I didn't have long waits to shoot, and Austin was able to shoot with no drama. Sorry if you don't feel the same.

8. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

I know how long I waited because I checked my watch and so you don't crap about what you are talking about.... just like I checked it when a different team member was shooting and spent almost 15 minutes out there.. When you check in with the RO's and they say 17 shooters are in front of you and 30 minutes later 13 are still in front of you, YOU GET INTO THE HABIT OF CHECKING YOUR WATCH.....and if I hadn't walked over to the RO who was managing the list and asked if they were finished, it would have been even longer! Apparantly you had finished shooting so the actual minutes it took really didn't matter to you..... maybe you or others didn't hold up other matches but there were hold ups at the plates where I was shooting.

9. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

Just so you know, I put my name on all the lists before shooting.... and the plates were the the first place that I registered. Maybe I'm not the best shot out there but I've shot in MD, GA, SC, VA, NJ and NC so I think I know how to register and how and when to sign in...

10. GTA

GTA

11. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I'm glad to hear that you shot in 6 matches and that you know how the new sign sheet works since it just started at the Las Vagas match in January which I also participated in. I shoot 12 matches at year and like GTA stated, IT IS THE RO'S DISCRETION AS TO ALLOWING THE BRASS TO BE PICKED UP! The brass is the only payment the Ro's get for working the match other than the drawing for the gun(s) at the end of the match!
    Dan:cool:

12. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

I mention the matches so you and others would not think this is the first time I attended a GSSF match. Under the old system, everyone turned in their match sheets at each station prior to shooting. Using the new method, I was told to register at each station prior to shooting which I did... DEJ/FL said I didn't know how to sign in. My point is I did register at each one first before shooting.

My intent was not to start WW III but I did see delays, I did see people picking up brass, something I had not seen at previous matches. As for the RO's they do a great job for little or no pay...I'm for giving the brass to the RO's...but not for waiting on shooters to pick it up during the middle of a match while others are waiting to shoot...

13. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

My intent was not to start WW III but I did see delays, I did see people picking up brass, something I had not seen at previous matches. As for the RO's they do a great job for little or no pay...I'm for giving the brass to the RO's...but not for waiting on shooters to pick it up during the middle of a match while others are waiting to shoot... [/B][/QUOTE]

;l ;l

14. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

;l ;l [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm switching to the "pick up your brass in the middle of the match caliber" Will you help me pick up mine at the next match?

15. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I would be happy to. We go to matches to shoot and have a good time, and expect everybody else does as well. Maybe if more folks were shooting a 37 and using the GAP, the RO's would like to keep the brass, and NOT get rid of it. We were just doing what we were asked to do, remove the GAP brass so it didn't get mixed in with the RO's .45 ACP. ;)

16. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Told ya from the start the .45 Gaston wasn't good for anything. Now it's even causing problems. ;)

If you want a real .45, get a John Browning design model.:cool:

17. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

PS: FYI only.

Rule 80.20 says that GSSF matches are "lost brass" matches. Competitors will not be allowed to pick up brass AT ANY TIME.

Apparently some RO's feel they know how to do things better. That has always been a problem with the matches. One RO thinks he/she knows a better way to handle score sheets, picking up brass etc. If they all followed the rules as they are written, you would not even be having this conversation.

And I've been too a "few" matches and witnessed anything you can think of as far as the RO's. I've also RO'ed many IPSC and GSSF matches. So I know what I am speaking about.

One of the Monkeys in the Red Shirts should have been told and put a stop to it. Although knowing them too, they probably gave it their blessing in contrast to the rules.

18. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

Thank you TJC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

I like GSSF, but I have found it is a clique, and the rules are for the little people.

20. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

I was the FIRST one on the list at the plates that's right 1.2.3.4 9:00 am and I waited 45 min when I got to the plates before I could shoot and when I got to shoot the PDA where so slow I could have picked up all the brass(I know a rule is a Rule just to make a POINT) so I don't know where the hold up was on Saturday except for the PDA and the RO's getting used to them and I not FLAMMING the ROs caues they put up with allot of crap form upset shooter who think that the ROs work for Glock SO remember that the ROs are no diffrent from you and me OK guys and some ROs never heard of a PDA and need'ed trained.
    So if you want to look at your watch all day that's cool with me cause all the does is get you all worked up that you shoot like the CRAP you spread.
    Keep a cool head and have FUN cause when YOU take the FUN out of it why go ?

NOT FLAMMING JMO Sniper