Picked up the PL-2 Baldr light/green laser

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by cowboy1964, Oct 7, 2019.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I like the PL-2 Valkyrie so decided to try the new Baldr with the green laser. There are reviews on YouTube so I don't rehash everything. Got it today and the one thing that jumped out at me is Olight has moved to a neutral white LED on this compared to the blue tint of the Valkyrie and most other weapon lights. Also the low light output mode (260 lumens) is nice if 1000+ lumens is too much for your white interior walls. 260 lumens is actually still quite bright indoors and it probably helps the laser dot pop even more though it is no problem at all seeing it even at high lumens.

Haven't shot it yet but I removed/reinstalled it several times and it seems to rezero pretty well, at least eyeballing it. The green laser is BRIGHT.

Joshhtn and B C like this.
  2. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

I'm anxious to get mine! I ordered 2 during their Oct. 4th sale.

$100 is a frickin' steal.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Yeah, it was a no-brainer. If you resell later you can probably get almost all of that back.

I'm not entirely sold on lasers yet but for HD I think they are a good idea especially with my aging eyes. If I decide to go that route I might spend the extra dough and get something like a TLR-8G eventually but in the meantime I'll test the crap out of this Olight.

Disappointed with the "free" (couple of bucks) pen light. For size and weight it should be a AA battery but it's AAA.

Joshhtn likes this.
  4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Indoors I don't think there is any faster sighting system than a laser. Not picking up the dot instantly is almost impossible, unlike sights or even an optical sight. Being able to focus 100% on the threat is extremely valuable but of course in theory that is possible with an optical sight as well, plus the advantage of being able to "aim" your firearm without having it lined up with your eye.

And now that I think about it the average HD shooting may involve greater distances than one in public.

Joshhtn likes this.
  5. Joshhtn

I'm lovin' it... Where else can you get all this quality for $213 to your door?
    20191008_134952.jpg

Installed on a G22 & 10.5" AR...
    20191008_143554.jpg

Wasn't a huge fan of the green square on the bottom of the light being so prominent (and not matchy. Yeah, I'm gay like that) on the AR, so 5 minutes of my time and a spritz of Plastidip later, I was able to make it a thing of the past.
    20191008_145728.jpg

I'm super happy with everything! I even like the little AAA light, but completely agree with you @cowboy1964 that it absolutely should be an AA light. No reason it shouldn't be.

Can't wait to get some range time in!

6. J_Rico

J_Rico

Ordered one as well. I have a couple of the red ones. One died on me, but Olight replaced it fast.

I like them.

Just need some holsters.

Joshhtn likes this.
  7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I do wish it was a pulsating green dot but it's so bright that it's not a big deal. I guess it could be argued that pulsating green dot would be more distracting, so I dunno.

8. Cory Thomas

Cory Thomas

How
    Has the baldr been working out?

Joshhtn likes this.
  9. Joshhtn

Absolutely love it!