close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Picked up one of these today......

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Airborne Infantryman, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

So I stopped by the gun store today just to browse while on my lunch break; I walked over to the case and saw this sitting there, all minty fresh, brand new from the factory-

[​IMG]

I asked to see it, and loved how it felt in the hand; think Ruger LCP on steroids. :supergrin:

The Olive Drab and Hard Chrome I didn't really care for........BUT the more I looked at it, the looks grew on me. The price tag attached to it helped as well- $340 plus tax and call in. Not to mention its the only Kel-Tec PF-9 around here, out of 3 different gun stores in the Fort Campbell area.

So I ask the guy, how much after tax and the call-in? "For you, $350 out the door; thanks for serving!", he says. So I filled out the good ole' 4473, and it went out the door with me. I also bought a spare mag for $20. His military discount saved me $40 in tax. All-in-all, made my day. This is my first Kel-Tec, but after breaking it in really good, it'll go into my carry rotation as long as it performs. I like the idea of a 9mm in a package a little bigger than my Ruger LCP that doesn't cost $900. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. raven11

raven11

darn, i have to start going to gunstores in uniform

nice gun Airborne , trying to beat Bac in handguns?

3. Airborne Infantryman

Thanks raven; nah, I don't think I'll ever beat Bac- he has that sweet Beretta 92 with the frame mounted safety; I was drooling over it for a week after he posted the pic of it. :whistling:

4. raven11

raven11

to be honest, your 90-two pic is making me want to get a Beretta,

hope i don't derail the thread too much-- how does she shoot?

5. motorcyclist

motorcyclist

All the Kel Tec haters sould be along shortly as soon as they're done with the "why I slam kel tec" thread. I just bought one also and so far it's been great. I'm planning on getting more rounds through it this weekend to see if it stays 100%. I like the hard chrome slide as I was hoping to get one also, but being hard to find I jumped on the first one I saw and wound up with black frame/blued slide. Hope yours turns out to be as good as mine.

6. Airborne Infantryman

Like a dream, bro.....like a dream. :supergrin:

First time I racked the slide, I was like "OMG, WTF?!!?! This thing feels like its riding on glass!"

It really feels that good. The triggers not the best, but typical M9 trigger feel, with a little more refinement. :supergrin:

7. Airborne Infantryman

Well, I say this- let the haters hate; I will develop my own opinion on the gun. :supergrin:

If it works out to my expectations, then its a win. If not, then I'll toss it to the plinker pile. But the PF-9 has been around a couple years; most of the bugs should be worked out. If all goes well, it will go into the rotation. I will say that the OD Green and Hard Chrome are rather unique; I suppose that's why it grew on me; non of my other guns are like that.

8. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

Congrats Airborne! :wavey:

I think a PF9 is going to be my next purchase as well. Please fill us in on a range report once you have had a chance to get around to it.

9. Airborne Infantryman

Will do. I got 300 rounds of 9mm right now, and about 50 Remington Golden Sabers, as I switched to 124 grain +P Winchester PDX1 for my 9mm carry ammo. I will put about 200 rounds of ball through it in one go, and shoot about 25 Golden Sabers through it, then report back when I get to the range. :wavey:

10. varmint6

varmint6

nice looking pistol real nice price..

11. dallas cowboy

dallas cowboy

Keltec suck. :supergrin: JK but nice looking gun. But I think I'll still save up for the Beretta 90-two. Just a few hundred to go :crying:

12. KiloBravo

I appreciate it man! And I know have said it before, but thanks again so much for your service. Our troops mean the world to me.

P.S. You have been on a gun buying FRENZY over the last few months! :supergrin:

13. raven11

raven11

i knew i recognized him from somewhere:whistling:

[​IMG]

14. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Awesome gun, Kel-Tec is a very interesting manufacturer and I would buy one in a heartbeat! :supergrin:

15. KiloBravo

:supergrin: :wavey:

16. joecoastie

joecoastie

Cool gun! I have found that a lot of dealers give a discount to military, its one of the few things I will ask for a discount on.

17. roadforeman

roadforeman NRA Benefactor

I picked up a used PF-9 at a local gun shop for $200. It's no where near as pretty as your two-tone. At first I had issues with light primer strikes and misfires. A gunsmith friend of mine swapped out a spring and it has been great ever since. It's so light I forget I'm carrying it. I use the spring clip on the slide instead of a holster. All in all, I like it a lot.

18. BMAXX

BMAXX

I really like my PF-9 I've had it over a year now and can't tell ya how many flawless rounds I've put through it...try one of the Kel-Tec trigger shoes on it ,I put one on mine and it makes a world of difference in the felt trigger pull.

19. deadday

deadday

...please tell me you are deploying soon....I don't want to read about your wife killing you...:rofl:

20. raven11

raven11

give her a link to this site,

i'd like to pick up a $50 90-Two and i don't care how many bodies are on it :whistling: