close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Picked up new Glock 26 (seems like allot of us GT have)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by desert gator, Jan 3, 2010.

1. desert gator

desert gator Glockaholic

I broke down today and bought a brand new Glock 26. It came with factory night sights, and yes it has the gray barrel that people have been talking about. The gun was tested 10/09/09 so its really new. The gun was 589.99 and I got the guy to through in 3 17 round mags with the spacers, and a blade tech paddle holster. I was not wanting to buy new, but after a month of looking at the local gun classifieds I just couldnt get my hands on a 26. They usually show up once or twice a week, but sale with in minutes of showing up (unlike the dozen or so Glock 27's that have sat on there for a weeks). So I just lost self control and bought new. Tonight I will clean all the factory lube gew thats on it and ill break it in with 200 rounds tomorrow. I dont plan on carrying with a grip extension but Im still going to pick one up so I can have the option. What grip extensions do you guys like? Also any IWB holster that you have really been impressed with?

2. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Welcome to the G26 club. For grip extensions, you can't go wrong with Pearce. As far as holsters, if you don't mind spending some money for quality, I recently ordered a Brommeland Max Con V. This is a IWB of the highest quality (and cost).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010

3. fittestsurvive

fittestsurvive

I was walking through a local pawn shop this weekend looking at fishing tackle and they had a used G26 for $440, I thought that seemed fair, didn't show holster wear but the typical wear from firing on the outside of the barrel, without knowing the round count, does this seem like a decent price? What else should I look for besides the serial number check to see how old it is?

4. glock-fan

glock-fan

Congrats, nice gun.

5. djl240

djl240

If you get any mag base plates, get the GAP plates from Concealable Control. They're excellent! As for holsters, I've carried my 26 in an MTAC for quite some time now... And frankly, I don't think there's a more comfortable way to carry a Glock.

6. skyugo

skyugo

try shooting it without a grip extension. you may be surprised how little you actually need one.
    i've known a few people who have had their pierce extensions blow off at inopportune times.
    i rather like hte glock +2 extensions. though at that point it's really no more concealable than a G19.

7. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

8. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

$440 is high for a used Glock 26. I paid $459+tax for NIB the weekend before Christmas. I saw a more recent poster in Houston who paid $448 at a gun show this weekend.

9. Flatfoot

Flatfoot

Congrats on your new 26 and welcome to the club! It's a great little carry piece and you definately can't go wrong with the Pearce extensions. I carry my 26 in a blade-tech IWB holster with a matching mag pouch. The combo works great for me and is actually very comfortable. Enjoy your new gun.

Oh, and it's too bad you took your sig down so fast, it was a good one (I hope beforeobamabans doesn't look up my sig line. He'd probably get a little uncomfortable about my convictions:whistling:).

Anyway, have a good one and enjoy your stay here! There's a good bunch of people on this board.

10. frankmako

frankmako

yes the g26 is a good gun. hard to beat.

11. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Good job on getting him to throw in those extra accessories. Thats at least 70 bucks worth of stuff right there.

12. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Congrats on the purchase of a great carry gun.

I carry a G27 IWB with an ultra-thin kydex holster from Fist, Inc.
    this holster is very comfortable for IWB, and has offset belt loops for minimum printing.

If you haven't already, try firing with only the standard magazine base plates, and leave the extensions alone. (I do have GAP base plates for some of my mags, but they do not add any length, just a more secure grip)

And to the beforeobamabans dude..... who are you to talk about possibly offensive signature lines.... politics are the same as religion!

Glock On!

13. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

i got a blue label 26 with night sites for under 405.00 ..
    good gun..
    :whistling:

14. desert gator

desert gator Glockaholic

I hate you:faint:

15. true believer

:wavey:didnt mean it like that...
    :cool:

in fact it had fiber optic sights and had them take them off..yuk..imo

if your still in the market some day, get a gssf membership..you can get a 17,2219,23 +others for 398.00...
    i hope to get another soon..
    :wavey:

16. Larry V

Larry V

I like the Factory 12 round magazine with glock factory extensions on my 26!!

17. true believer

i got a bunch of them to..:wavey:

18. desert gator

desert gator Glockaholic

Is the GSSF prices the same as L.E. pricing? Im finishing my criminal justice degree so one day Ill get L.E. pricing, but im not sure about the rules surrounding that. I think that I will probably pick up the pearce+2 for when im hiking and using the 26 as the glove box gun. I have heard many good reviews about the MTAC holster. I like my gun to sit low though where the grip is barely sticking out of my wasteline so Im not sure how the MTAC sits

19. vinnier6

vinnier6

unlike the dozens of 27's that just sit on the shelf cause no one wants them.....nice

20. true believer

i believe they are the same..leo prices...