Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RTF2 Addict
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I mentioned in the Gen 2 19 LEO thread, I picked up my 17 today along with 5 Glock pMags ($11.95ea). It has the original black guts, and an original "NY" trigger. It uses a metal "V" band instead of a spring along with being all black.

Anyways, here's some pics. I'll get more of the slide and barrel later. It's a 1989ish birthdate.Dead night sights dated '94.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Sweet, I bought one a year ago (BUR) prefix, had the night sights re lamped and got a few mags as well.
Nice pistols and you got a nice one.

·
Super Moderator
20,204 Posts
Given its age, that pistol looks to be in very nice condition.

And those Magpul mags are even sweeter at that price!

Congrats!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'll be buying one Thursday. <sigh> Then, all I'll need is a 26 and I'll have all the major Glock 9mm models.

·
Registered
32,369 Posts
Looks good. Did you do the pick 5 option?

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
Nice.

·
RTF2 Addict
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good. Did you do the pick 5 option?
I did do the hand pick. It needs a little bath, dirt in the back texture. I replaced the NY spring, that thing was super heavy. One thing I need to update is the slide lock. Even the slightest pressure inserting a mag releases the slide.

AIM offers "Local deals" and had the pmags cheaper than the used Glock mags.

ETA: The rear sight is "pre-adjusted" for the "guns tendency to shoot left" :woohoo:

·
Registered
209 Posts
With three mags additional, the new trigger spring, and hand-pick of 5, the price comes to $417. If I buy a new box for the Gen 2 G17, the price is more expensive than the new Gen 4 G17. GSSF price for a brand-new Gen 4 G17 is $425. As much as I like the Gen 2 G19 I bought two weeks ago, I think I might use my 2015 GSSF purchase card on a new G17.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts