Glock Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is a beautiful firearm. I hope to get a closer look at a $5000 1911 one of these days (if the owner let's me pick it up!)
I understand the minor problem that getting your firearm temporarily confiscated for evidence in the bigger picture of things. I hope that never happens, given the unequal "justice" being so obviously meted out these days. I hope that circumstances never obligate you to use that work of art in any disagreeable situation and you only use it in voluntary situations!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow! Congratulations man. That is one beautiful looking 1911 and your little stable of Nighthawks is impressive. I like how it maintains a simple look yet is truly elegant.

This is not in the same class, but I just picked up a Dan Wesson TCP in 9mm that I absolutely love. It has become my EDC.

I almost purchased a very lightly used Nighthawk in 9mm but it was too heavy for carry and I didn't want to spend almost $4K on a range pistol.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
I keep coming back to this thread to look at this pistol. Man...it may lead to trouble for me. As I said in my previous post, I love everything about it. I wish Larry Vickers would do a 3rd edition of his 1911 books and cover more "exotic" format 1911's like this one. His second volume covers "traditional" customs.

A third volume could cover tri-cuts, optic cuts, bob-tails, etc.

If/when you shoot this Brian, please let us know how she runs.

·
Registered
129,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I keep coming back to this thread to look at this pistol. Man...it may lead to trouble for me. As I said in my previous post, I love everything about it. I wish Larry Vickers would do a 3rd edition of his 1911 books and cover more "exotic" format 1911's like this one. His second volume covers "traditional" customs.

A third volume could cover tri-cuts, optic cuts, bob-tails, etc.

If/when you shoot this Brian, please let us know how she runs.
Will do, my friend 😎

Definitely one of the nicest 1911’s I’ve owned.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
That is awesome.

Congrats!

I'll check back in for the range report.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,991 Posts
Any experience with Nighthawk customer service? I know of a local store that resisted selling them as every complaint would lead to an argument.

I never considered them after hearing that conversation. Hopefully that has changed.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts