Picked up a P2000

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Deputydave, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Picked up a P2000 V2 in 40S&W this evening. Four mags, night sights (bright) and an additional HK .357sig barrel. Traded a S&W 380 BG and $275 for it. Can’t find a mark on it, looks like it’s never been carried. BD on the pistol and BE on the .357sig barrel. Really looking forward to trying this one out at the range, perhaps even our local Outlaw match.

I see several other folks just recently got into a P2000. Feels good to get back into an HK.

2. steve1911

steve1911

Congrats on your HK.

1911club#410

Deputydave likes this.

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Congratulations!!

:thumbsup:

Deputydave likes this.
  4. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

And you post no pictures??!?? Fail

arkdweller22 and Deputydave like this.
  5. Deputydave

[​IMG]

yep380, Will Beararms, benben and 2 others like this.
  6. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Absolutely terrible deal. I will take it off your hands for $325.

Deputydave and Glockdude1 like this.
  7. Deputydave

Well, the wife now has her 380EZ and had zero interest in the 380 BG and I already had my pretty pink LCP so the BG became an extra. On AL the seller/trader was specifically asking for a BG and cash so figured it was a good option. Did some pricing when I came home and it really seems like a good deal. The BG with laser and 5 mags cost me $350. Add in the $275 so I’m into it for $625 total. I’m seeing the P2000 in .40 for around $600+ without night sights. Add another $100 for NS, probably around $150+ for an HK 357 barrel and $70 for the extra couple of mags and it’s a $900+ package give or take. Take a chunk off for ‘used’ and I feel like I’m still ahead on the deal. Pistol looks like it’s never been carried.

Gray_Rider and nikerret like this.
  8. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Yeah, you are in good shape. Nice purchase.

Deputydave likes this.
  9. chemboy

chemboy

Very nice, indeed!

Deputydave likes this.
  10. Deputydave

Rather than start another thread, the P30 I just picked up yesterday in 9mm. Fits the same holsters I have for the P2000 of course which is a nice bonus.

[​IMG]

Gray_Rider, RandomGuy and chemboy like this.
  11. cbird77

cbird77

Congrats on your P2000, they are built like tanks!

Deputydave likes this.
  12. Deputydave

They really are built very well. Now that I'm back into HK platforms I realize how much I missed them. In particular I've been wanting to get back into a hammer-fired pistol and now I've been fortunate to get a couple of good ones.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  13. chemboy

chemboy

v

Looks great! I sure like mine.

Deputydave likes this.
  14. 45caldan

45caldan

Get an extended mag release for that P2000 from Hk parts. Its well worth the $$.
    I found the stock release to be a little too small. This was a huge improvement and it still doesn’t stick out past the widest part of the trigger guard.

Deputydave likes this.
  15. Deputydave

Appreciate the tip :cheers:

Just ordered that part.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    45caldan likes this.
  16. Deputydave

Range report:

Yesterday afternoon I took my niece's husband to the range. He doesn't have any firearms but is interested (and he's shot with me before). I took a sampling of five different pistols, the P2000 V2 .40 S&W and the P30 V3 9mm were two of those pistols. Wow! I really enjoyed each of those pistols. Starting off with the P30, the DA trigger pull was very nice and smooth. The SA, of course, was even lighter and smoother. It was an easy transition between the two. Accuracy was simply superb. Gave me a chance to show him various types of triggers such as DA/SA, DAO and striker). I might play around with the side panels and back strap a bit but it was very comfortable to shoot with the panels and strap that are on there now.

The P2000 turned out to be my favorite between the two, though it was a tough call. During one string of fire I put the target out to about 15 yards and was shooting the little scoring box in the upper right corner. Well, I'm not a world-class pistol shot but I am, in all modesty, a very good shot. I use to do head shots at 25 and 35 yards with my G26. But I was exceedingly pleased with how well the P2000 grouped the shots in that little box. Most shots touching and many going through the same hole. That pistol, even with the stouter .40's was pleasant and a joy to shoot. This is definitely going to be my new woods-carry pistol. That allows the G22.4 to stay on HD duty (which gives me a high capacity Glock at each end of the house as well as in the middle).

So as mentioned above, my EDC and HD needs are met with the Glocks and Sig P365 so this allows the HK's do be used for woods-carry duty and matches. I'm very pleased with these two pistols.

I ordered an extended mag release for the P2000 (thanks 45caldan). That is scheduled to arrive Saturday. I also ordered a few boxes of .357sig ammo so that I can try that barrel in the P2000. Should arrive Friday. Hopefully it will be just as pleasant to shoot as the .40 S&W. Don't really plan to carry with .357sig but wanted to have the option and some experience with it.

DFM914, chemboy, benben and 1 other person like this.
  17. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on a great pistol.

Deputydave likes this.
  18. Deputydave

I received the extended mag release several days ago. Very quick shipping. Haven't had the chance to put it on as of yet, hopefully today or tomorrow. Out-of-state company keeping me busy :)

19. Deputydave

Okay, I replaced the mag release with the extended version I purchased from HKpro and love it! Makes a superb pistol even better! This is fast becoming my favorite pistol. Still have the 40 S&W barrel in it and will likely keep it that way. Makes we curious about the P2000sk version.

Thanks again 45caldan.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  20. kwo

kwo

Local LEO's used them here for a few years but had problems with getting them serviced . Went to Glock .