Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,822 Posts
Short barrel and a big slow bullet. It's a perfect combination.
One of those is still on my wish list.
My Match Champion wants company:

Reactions: G26S239 and JoeOU1

·
M62/76
13,160 Posts
I purchased one of the first ones after they were announced and didn’t much care for it- hope it doesn’t prove to be the case with you.

I do however really like the looks of the newer Lipsey’s 5” GP-100 .44 Specials.

·
Registered
34,075 Posts
Nice gun. If I had more time to reload that would be on my list.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,888 Posts
Very nice gun! I should know because I own one.

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
Love the 44 SPL. I have 400;or so loaded rounds and sold mine. Looking for a low priced S&W 24 if I can find another.

·
20,732 Posts
I’ve eyed then several times but have a few .44 Mags and have just never felt the need. But I like the way these look and I’m a sucker for an unfluted cylinder. :)

Here’s the pic from GB
View attachment 386492

Sure wish it was a .44 Mag in that configuration. That’d be damn near perfect. :)
If you reload you can get damn near perfect ballistics out of that gun.

If not, Underwood offers a couple of good loads that are a major step forward from standard 44 special loads. A bonded 200 grain gold dot loaded to 1100 fps/537 ft. lbs. Or a Keith-Type Semi-Wadcutter Gas Check 21 BHN loaded to 1000 fps/566 ft. lbs.

But a handloader can duplicate these loads at a fraction of the cost.

https://underwoodammo.com/product/handgun-ammo/44-special-200-grain-bonded-jacketed-hollow-point/

https://underwoodammo.com/product/h...ain-lead-keith-type-semi-wadcutter-gas-check/

I actually think they should have chambered the gun in 41 magnum the smaller diameter 41 caliber cartridge would allow for more steel surrounding the chamber for a greater margin of safety. They could also chamber it for 10mm Magnum and with moon clips it could fire 10mm auto and 40 S&W.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts