Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting one since I started shooting USPSA Production Division last March. I couldn't decide if I wanted a Gen 3 or Gen 4. I stopped by my LGS (owners are fellow USPSA shooters) and they had a G34 Gen 4. I couldn't resist. A lot of people think Glocks are ugly, but I think the G34 Gen 4 is sexy. I have a match on Saturday, and I can't wait. I'll confirm it's zero tomorrow.

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful gun. You will not reget the purchase! !! It will serve your purpose quite nicely!!!

Reactions: angrynick

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Can't wait to shoot it! I really can't wait for Saturday! I bring it up, and the sights just align perfectly, just like my G19 and G26 of course.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Who cares if a lot of people consider the Glock pistol unappealing visually. Many people sees the pistol's form and function of the highest quality and style. Enjoy your new pistol and be safe.

· Registered
27 Posts
I've been wanting one since I started shooting USPSA Production Division last March. I couldn't decide if I wanted a Gen 3 or Gen 4. I stopped by my LGS (owners are fellow USPSA shooters) and they had a G34 Gen 4. I couldn't resist. A lot of people think Glocks are ugly, but I think the G34 Gen 4 is sexy. I have a match on Saturday, and I can't wait. I'll confirm it's zero tomorrow.

I have a gen 4 34 and 17. Great guns for matches! congrats. Let us know how it runs.

· Registered
15,399 Posts
Enjoy, I am trying to decide on my next 9mm Glock myself and the 34 and 19 are neck and neck. The 34 is nicely proportioned.

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Enjoy, I am trying to decide on my next 9mm Glock myself and the 34 and 19 are neck and neck. The 34 is nicely proportioned.
I have both. Depends on what you want to do with it. For me, G19 for carry, G34 for competition. Need one to split the duties? Perhaps a G17.

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
I want to leave mine factory as of right now, with the exception of the sights. Have you done anything to yours?
1. Vannek "Production Legal" drop in trigger kit.
2. Dawson "Perfect Impact" sights, .135 rear, .125 red FO front.
3. Recoil spring adapter with factory Gen 3 guide rod and 13lb ISMI flat recoil spring.

That's all. ;)

· Banned
6,834 Posts
Nice. Gen4 is a great choice.

Unless it is "blue label", a G34 will have the MINUS 4.5-lbf connector standard. In a Gen4 pistol, that will result in a 5.0-lbf pull.

As you said...the sights need replacing. You might want to consider Meprolight metal night sights with the adjustable rear sight.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
Pretty neat looking.

I've never shot a Match with a Glock, but maybe I did once.

More than a few years ago, we went on vacation to an uppity
place where a relative lives.

The place is anti-gun and you can't shoot any firearms in the county.

However, the locals had/have Airsoft pistols and rifles.

At that time I had a Glock 19 on my hip under my vest,

We drove to a guy's house who had a informal range and people
began showing up and unloading Airsofts.

My gun case held:

Cz75 Pre-B (my very first CZ)

Glock 17

Glock 17L Airsoft.

Needless to say, I had a great afternoon showing those there how accurate
a spring-driven Glock longslide could be!

I really do like the Gen 4 Glock 17s, but a Long-Slide 9mm might come home with
me someday.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1. Vannek "Production Legal" drop in trigger kit.
2. Dawson "Perfect Impact" sights, .135 rear, .125 red FO front.
3. Recoil spring adapter with factory Gen 3 guide rod and 13lb ISMI flat recoil spring.

That's all. ;)
Thanks for the info. I actually did need the sight height info.

Nice. Gen4 is a great choice.

Unless it is "blue label", a G34 will have the MINUS 4.5-lbf connector standard. In a Gen4 pistol, that will result in a 5.0-lbf pull.

As you said...the sights need replacing. You might want to consider Meprolight metal night sights with the adjustable rear sight.
Interesting. My buddy is waiting for his G34 Gen 4 Blue Label to cone in. What's the difference in the two triggers?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.