Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gun is sweet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
How does the trigger feel ?

On my Gen 4, the trigger feels different than my other Glocks. They have changed the trigger bars (so I was told by Glock today). Also the slide will not go back onto the frame if the firing pin is not in the forward position.

I changed out the trigger bar with a spare that I had on hand. Has a much smoother trigger pull now and the slide will go onto the frame regardless of the firing pin position.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just got it literally a couple of hours ago. Haven't had time to shoot it or photograph it yet. I compared it to my Tactical XD-40 as soon as I got it home.

It's quite a bit lighter and slimmer, and a half inch shorter. I can carry it concealed IWB neoprene holster under a jacket, whereas I really can't do that with the XD. My Surefire T1 fits perfectly. Now I have three guns I can use that light on.

The grip texture is different than the original RTF grip, it's more comfortable.

I'll shoot it tomorrow most likely, then come back and post some more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

On my Gen 4, the trigger feels different than my other Glocks. They have changed the trigger bars (so I was told by Glock today). Also the slide will not go back onto the frame if the firing pin is not in the forward position.

I changed out the trigger bar with a spare that I had on hand. Has a much smoother trigger pull now and the slide will go onto the frame regardless of the firing pin position.
It feels good to me, pretty smooth with a crisp break, but then I haven't actually shot it yet.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good pickup. I too noticed that the biggest thing I like about the gen4 is the new rtf. MUCH nicer than on the gen 3.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I shot it today. I like it. Very much. The trigger pull is a bit stouter than the XD, but it breaks nice and the gun functioned perfectly. I shot 60 rounds with out a hiccup, two different loads. Here's my 10 yard target.

I always say if it's a light trigger you want, go shoot a 1911.

·
Banned
4,815 Posts

On my Gen 4, the trigger feels different than my other Glocks. They have changed the trigger bars (so I was told by Glock today). .
I thought the trigger felt different when I checked one out at my dealer when they first came in. It felt stiffer than the Gen 3s he had.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's supposed to be 5 & 1/2 lbs I think. It didn't really bother me. It just takes a little getting used to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BC (over on another forum) recommends lubrication on the trigger to help break it in. How do I do that? Does it require any disassembly beyond the normal break down for cleaning?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts