GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Get over yourself with the "service" gun red herring LOL. Like it or not, everything is leaning towards running a RDS or the availability of it. What can be done with steel sights, can typically be done faster with a RDS, all things being equal. This is not a full gamer gun anyways, not even close. Very few people opt to run frame mounted sights anymore because they are bulky, and in the classes that run them, this is WAY behind the curve. Hint: Take Walther and CZ for instance, since they've been mentioned in this thread, both have RDS sight cuts in their guns that are built for competition.
yet frame mounted red dot guns are still a thing...

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
LTT pistols are primarily service/defense pistols. 92X is primarily a competition pistol.

the guns are similar in ancestry and that’s it.
Again, still doesn't change what I said. For some reason you're stuck in a box. Did you miss the part where I mentioned other guns that this one competes with have an RDS cut? Check out the Shadow 2 and the Q5 Match SF for starters. Hate to break it to do you.... but Red dots are being used in both competition and "service/defense."

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Again, still doesn't change what I said. For some reason you're stuck in a box. Did you miss the part where I mentioned other guns that this one competes with have an RDS cut? Check out the Shadow 2 and the Q5 Match SF for starters. Hate to break it to do you.... but Red dots are being used in both competition and "service/defense."
wow, really? Red dot for self defense use?

where have I been?
992624AC-7A3B-4AC6-8E98-158BB5FC2D9F.jpeg
0B71CA33-DC22-4FF0-ABE9-22CF2DFEC5CC.jpeg

D8CD1F34-D277-425C-8585-48D62B79F596.jpeg

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
As far as butchering up the Performance? Yeah, but no thanks.

if and when Beretta deemed it necessary to do so, then I might consider it.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
My usual response, which is fine since it's always complimentary. Very handsome gun, great pictures and a worthwhile addition to your very high end collection. Don

·
Registered
982 Posts
A genius shoots at a target no one else can see and hits it.

You may be a genius collector.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
31,047 Posts
LTT pistols are primarily service/defense pistols. 92X is primarily a competition pistol.

the guns are similar in ancestry and that’s it.
There is enough overlap between custom and service. Landgon did his mods with competition in mind too. My Beretta armorer instructor pointed out for competitions he would put in the D spring for his guys and then revert it back to the FS/G for absolute reliability for service use. That is one of the first things to get changed out for anything other than rack grade Berettas.

Its not unlike the 1911 world when competitions started pushing them into new places that are now ordinary. Actual usable sights. Ambi safeties. Shock absorbing baseplates.

Reactions: MD357

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Wow bac. That crown is a little concerning. Check your photo.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Very cool gun.

Wait, a metal gun with a rail and front cocking serrations??? :rofl:

As far as the competition world, I fear they may be a day late and a dollar short. A familiar pattern, as I feel the excellent APX is in a similar dilemma in the LE world.
True Bucky

I guess they just figured to get into the mix.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Is it capable of cooked and locked?

It looks interesting but at that weight it would just a range toy.

I was debating this, a CZ compact, compact 1911 in 9mm, or Hi Power. I am realizing my 9mm selection needs a cooked and locked that isn't so small under recoil I lose the magazine due to being left handed. Cocked and locked is otherwise .45.
For a 9mm, C&L, potential carry gun a lightweight 1911 is quite good. Light enough to carry (but doesn't recoil like a lightweight .45), slim and easy to shoot. I was very skeptical about any 9mm 1911 until I lucked into a trade I couldn't refuse and ended up with a 9mm DW Valkyrie CCO. It quickly became one of, if not actually, my favorite 1911s, despite my misgivings about a 1911 in something other than God's caliber (as JMB intended).

Or, wait for the new DW DWX to finally come out and hope it makes the CA roster I guess.

Edit: sorry for the threadjack Bac

·
Registered
125,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
For a 9mm, C&L, potential carry gun a lightweight 1911 is quite good. Light enough to carry (but doesn't recoil like a lightweight .45), slim and easy to shoot. I was very skeptical about any 9mm 1911 until I lucked into a trade I couldn't refuse and ended up with a 9mm DW Valkyrie CCO. It quickly became one of, if not actually, my favorite 1911s, despite my misgivings about a 1911 in something other than God's caliber (as JMB intended).

Or, wait for the new DW DWX to finally come out and hope it makes the CA roster I guess.

Edit: sorry for the threadjack Bac
No problem

I’m looking to get a Dan Wesson DWX as well. Looks like a great combination of platforms. :cool:

61 - 80 of 90 Posts