close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Picasa question

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by unit 900, Mar 9, 2006.

1. unit 900

unit 900

While on vacation, I downloaded PICASA (free, by Google)to size and lightly edit digital photos. It saves the images in a proprietary format, but leaves the original as a jpg on your drive. The program has a great feature that allows one to create a b&w photo and edit it as if it were taken with a yellow, orange blue or green filter. It blows PS Elements away in this regard. When I try and export the finished image as a jpg to my drive, it is automatically resized from 1.2 mg to about 750 kb. Anyone that uses this program know how to avoid that?

2. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Doesn't PS Elements have Channel Mixer like the regular Photoshop? If it does, then all of the filters can be applied in post-processing with an almost infinite control.

3. unit 900

unit 900

PS Elements lacks the channel mixer feature. I can't dig deep enough now for a full PS, so the Picasa option seemed pretty good. I figured to use Picasa to do the b&w filtering, export to hard drive and use Elements for everything else.

4. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Do a search for "Grant's Tools" for Elements users. You'll find a very useful download of tools that include a channel mixer for Elements that works very well.

5. unit 900

unit 900

Thank you Fred. I will download these and give 'em a whirl.