pic request ...glock with BarSto bbl

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nickE10mm, Jun 22, 2005.

1. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Does anyone have any pics of their (or someone else's) Glock with a Barsto barrel? I'm really looking for some nice closeups but any pics will do. (the length of bbl doesnt really matter for the pics)

Thanks!

2. PaleGreenHorse

PaleGreenHorse 10mm

I could have helped you a week ago but I sold my barsto and bought a Glock 33. Sorry ~sd

3. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

thanks PGH, anyone else?

4. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

I don't have a pic, but the stainless color looks sharp on my G29...standard size. Shoots even better!

5. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Jitter, what kind of groups can you get? Reliability?

6. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Relability is as good as stock so far...I've got about 400 or so rounds through it.

I need to get to the range more often!

Groups...I'd have to look them up.

But I've gotten some very impressive 5 shot at 25 yards off a rest. If memory serves I'm thinking 3-4 out of 5 into 2" or less using 165 DT 165 GD's. I think the flyer's are my fault even though I have a trigger job, it's still a bit on the heavy side. With a good trigger I'm sure I could run 1.5" with it for all 5 consistently.

Did good with 135 DT's as well

I know I should do a "scientic" test with the same ammo, day and rest with both barrels and one of these days, I will. But overall I'm glad I bought it. I went the fitted route and Matt at Glock Racing did the fitting and the trigger, and he put on some Heinie Straight 8 night sigts on it.

The Heinie's aren't what I wish, at least night wise. Good daytime, target style sights. But for hunting, SD or otherwise the Trijicon or Meps are better in my opinion.

7. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Thats a really nice setup!

I used to have a G29 with Heinie Straight Eights on it with a trigger job but with a KKM barrel. It was suprisingly accurate, but not quite that accurate as I can recall. I personally LOVE Heinie's but with my upcoming G20L I'll have Bo Mar Adjustable sights, which are even better for my needs. I'll have a fitted 45/10mm barrel from BarSto, too :) I can't wait to wring it out at the range for some groups.

8. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI

Does it have to be 10mm??

9. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

nope, any barsto pics are fine, thanks.

10. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Nick

Ya, the Heine's are good sights, I think Barsto's even better, I have a set on an old 1911. I think it's a personal preference thing.

My older eyes definitly prefer the white outlines and the brilliance of the Meps or Trijicon's. And at normal handgun range the finess doesn't come into play unless shooting bullseyes, especially with older eyes.

I have Meps on a G27, which I really like. With night sights I have to go one way or the other and I guess I'm geared to the normal sight picture, rather then the straight 8.

My G29 is mainly a woods gun and if something is going to try and eat me it will probably be at dawn or dusk.

Nick, I looked up some of my old range reports with the Barsto.

Old range reports with the stock barrel are not as good, but I didn't cull out the best of 3 or 4. But I don't think the potential for less then 2 inches was there with the stock setup.

That rig you have on order is a sweet setup, I'm drooling and saving penny's. I saw a post on one a guy built awhile back, very impressive. I bet it will be a shooter.

For me and Glocks it's all about the trigger, my G27 has a Ghost Rocket in it and it's almost like a target pistol, very light and smooth. But not exactly ideal for carry. I wish I had it in the G29 and the G29's trigger in the G27...only more money, learn as you go.

My G29 seems to have a preference for the DT 165 GD and the best I was able to do was 4/5 into 1".

25 yards, rest.

Ammo DT 135 DT 165 GD

7.0 (3 in 1.4”) 2.6 (4 in 1.3”)
    4.3 (3 in 1.3”) 4.4 (3 in 1.8”)
    4.2 4.9 (4 in 1.6”)
    4.0 3.0 (3 in 1.8”)
    4.9 4.8
    6.5 4.0 (4 in 1.0”)
    ====== ================
    5.15”(1.35”) 3.22” (1.5”)

Comments: Gun is clean and greased, failures 1/90: Slide locked open, Pearce grip, Nosler 135’s, action open, cartridge looked ready to go I couldn’t see anything hanging up. Tap, rack, bang.

Need to give the 135's another chance, I think the potential is there. Tight little groups but flyer’s due to trigger, flinch and neighbor banging away.

By the time I got to the 165’s, I’d settled down a bit. Go 165 first next time. Work on dry fire.

Are you going standard length barrel on the long slide or longer yet?

11. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Wow. Nice report. :)

I'll be going with a 6" barrel in the longslide, fitted, of course.

12. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI

Here's a Bar-Sto in my 10mm Short ;f

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bar-sto makes some mighty fine barrels, you wouldn't be disappointed!!

13. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

ooohhhh aaaahhhh .... that sure is a good lookin barrel. I hate waiting....