GlockTalk Forum banner

5941 - 5960 of 6885 Posts

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts

·
Registered
20,194 Posts
I heard the geese cackling this morning and grabbed a couple pics. First one is a half of a mile away and the other is around 250 -300 yards. Very unusual that we have geese here this late in the season but plenty of ponds and abundant harvested corn and milo fields.

DSCF0891.JPG

DSCF0892.JPG

·
Registered
20,194 Posts
Even the moon is confused this year!

DSCF0893.JPG

·
In The Saddle
7,821 Posts
I heard the geese cackling this morning and grabbed a couple pics. First one is a half of a mile away and the other is around 250 -300 yards. Very unusual that we have geese here this late in the season but plenty of ponds and abundant harvested corn and milo fields.

View attachment 875406

View attachment 875408

Nice amigo!! Good shot ! As you know the ranch in Oklahoma is just south of you... We used to see this as well. Hundreds of geese in the stubble fields across our pasture. Also sometimes sand hill cranes as well... Geese taste better! ;)

Helps me sleep at night as well with all the honkin, and then whippoorwills and the yotes! haha My kinda quite and peace and rest! ha.

Nice shots pard. Enjoy them while their there...

CM
:horse:

·
In The Saddle
7,821 Posts

·
Banned
263 Posts
Very nice. Did the young man in the pic shoot him? If, so I know they are really excited on the first one... Hey, I still get excited on all of them.... ;)

Very nice.

CM
That's my grandson. Yes he did, 75 yards out. Not his first time though. He has been hunting since he was 10 years old. I have hunted varmints with him a few times, Good kid.

·
In The Saddle
7,821 Posts
That's my grandson. Yes he did, 75 yards out. Not his first time though. He has been hunting since he was 10 years old. I have hunted varmints with him a few times, Good kid.

Hey great! That's the way to start them. Getting the kids out hunting very early in life is one of the best ways to spend time with them. Good hunt! ;)

CM

5941 - 5960 of 6885 Posts