GlockTalk Forum banner

5921 - 5940 of 6507 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have to say, I am not a photo person per say, but I am so blessed by seeing the beauty of our country. I realize the pics come from members across the country and there lies the beauty....

For me, this is a Thanksgiving, God is good and God is great, thanks to all that contribute........

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,101 Posts
I have to say, I am not a photo person per say, but I am so blessed by seeing the beauty of our country. I realize the pics come from members across the country and there lies the beauty....

For me, this is a Thanksgiving, God is good and God is great, thanks to all that contribute........
Fantastic and I will "Ditto" that statement. IMGP0011.JPG

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL AT GT

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

This is worth repeating. I dig up old shots and post when I can because I need an excuse to see everything shared here. Thank you.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,101 Posts
Well I wasn't gonna put the solar fountain out because after cleaning and changing the food of both feeders I didn't think it was worth it as far as remaining sunshine on the birdbath to warrant it. I did tho because I wanted to try to get some color shots of the males in the sun. I brought my chair up to the second level maybe 10 feet from the feeders but only 6 feet from the fountain.

I had just sat down, camera not even on and Flash comes by and does the splash thing and by the time I got the camera on he was gone. Then he came back and did the splash thing, I turned my camera back on and managed to get one shot off.
IMGP0101.jpg

Here's the thing tho, it was a major breakthrough on what was an acceptable distance for me to get a splash shot. There is hope for a very close up splash shot from the second level deck all others have been from the first level.

I managed some very, very close-ups of "Baby" today. I was standing maybe 4 feet away and extending my arms(with camera) gradually taking shots forms close as a foot away. Like I said, Baby has been around me when all this started in late July and really it doesn't phase her(My guess right now but she doesn't show any male coloring at all).

"Baby" really takes to the camera Hannie would be proud. These are the shots as I extend my arms as the shots go on.
IMGP0107.JPG

IMGP0108.JPG

IMGP0109.JPG

IMGP0110.JPG

IMGP0111.JPG

IMGP0112.JPG

IMGP0113.JPG

The shot below, maybe a "Black-Chinned" Hummer that a guy mentioned on the hummer page.VVVVVVVVV
IMGP0120.JPG

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

·
In The Saddle
7,488 Posts
Well I wasn't gonna put the solar fountain out because after cleaning and changing the food of both feeders I didn't think it was worth it as far as remaining sunshine on the birdbath to warrant it. I did tho because I wanted to try to get some color shots of the males in the sun. I brought my chair up to the second level maybe 10 feet from the feeders but only 6 feet from the fountain.

I had just sat down, camera not even on and Flash comes by and does the splash thing and by the time I got the camera on he was gone. Then he came back and did the splash thing, I turned my camera back on and managed to get one shot off. View attachment 874348
Here's the thing tho, it was a major breakthrough on what was an acceptable distance for me to get a splash shot. There is hope for a very close up splash shot from the second level deck all others have been from the first level.

I managed some very, very close-ups of "Baby" today. I was standing maybe 4 feet away and extending my arms(with camera) gradually taking shots forms close as a foot away. Like I said, Baby has been around me when all this started in late July and really it doesn't phase her(My guess right now but she doesn't show any male coloring at all).

"Baby" really takes to the camera Hannie would be proud. These are the shots as I extend my arms as the shots go on. View attachment 874360

View attachment 874362

View attachment 874364

View attachment 874366

View attachment 874368

View attachment 874370

View attachment 874372

The shot below, maybe a "Black-Chinned" Hummer that a guy mentioned on the hummer page.VVVVVVVVV
View attachment 874376
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Amigo... You are a blessing man! Your doing great on those pics. Keep 'em coming! ;)

Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you too.....!

CM
:horse:

·
Super Moderator
19,789 Posts

I had just sat down, camera not even on and Flash comes by and does the splash thing and by the time I got the camera on he was gone. Then he came back and did the splash thing, I turned my camera back on and managed to get one shot off. View attachment 874348

"Baby" really takes to the camera Hannie would be proud. These are the shots as I extend my arms as the shots go on. View attachment 874360

View attachment 874362

View attachment 874364

View attachment 874366

View attachment 874368

View attachment 874370

View attachment 874372

View attachment 874376
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
The second- and third-to-the-last shots are amazingly sharp! Great detail!

·
Registered
19,276 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Morning everyone!

DSCF0890.JPG

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,101 Posts
The second- and third-to-the-last shots are amazingly sharp! Great detail!
Well thanks a lot for the compliment. I think it certainly helps that "Baby" was the perfect model/subject, she never left while I was taking shots even with my arms extending closer to just over a foot. Not using zoom and really holding the camera very steady also helped. I have to say that I am proud of those shots.

Today(Thanksgiving) I woke up and it seemed to be another nice day, high63, slight if any wind, and all sunny. I took a shower earlier than usual and while I was in the shower I looked out th bathroom window and two hummers were doing what I think was a mating dance, I haven't seen anything like it before.

They flew all around and up inside the tree and going at it for well over 10 minutes. They stopped once and perched briefly on two lines above maybe a foot and a half away from each other, no problem, then it was back to the circus again, what a show. Another pair zoomed by my bathroom window as I was finishing my shower. Fantastic stuff for sure. Later.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,101 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Morning everyone!

View attachment 874694
Thanks and you as well. Message #5932 describes my Thanksgiving morning and hat a morning. I'll be grilling a nice NY Strip steak around 3:30pm, kinda early but I want to grill when it's still very light. Maybe I'll have a nice desert in the evening because I'm sure to be hungry again by then. Later.
IMGP0220.JPG

5921 - 5940 of 6507 Posts