GlockTalk Forum banner

5621 - 5640 of 5985 Posts

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
I can't remember if I posted this before.. oh well. It's a crummy scan of a (not so great) black and white print that I took with my trusty old Fuji STX-2. I still love it. lol.

It was taken at a little ranch just outside of Cuauhtémoc, Mexico. About 10 minutes after I took it I got a phone call letting me know my Mom had passed away. It set in motion a mad dash down through Creel, the Sierra Tarahumara mountains, and finally back home just in time for her funeral.

I think about her a lot, but the emotion is really strong when I look at this pic. Love you Mom.

Amigo... Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother. I pray God fill you with his grace everyday. I do understand.... Also the pic is excellent! Bless ya buddy.

CM
:horse:

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,576 Posts
Well shots from today(75 no wind) from a very close location, I also switched up the feeders and it seems location may be more important than a particular feeder. This pic is showing the new location but before I switched the feeders again. When I did swap them I was a little over 3 feet from the Cactus feeder and a little over 2 feet from the old reliable blue feeder. See pic below this one.
IMGP0001.JPG

Now you have an idea how close, 3ft for green, 2 feet for blue(a tad over for both so best approx.)
IMGP0047.JPG

Daisy May with her tongue out. Click on photo for larger version to see.
IMGP0030.JPG

This one too, she has her tongue out barely.
IMGP0036.JPG

IMGP0050.JPG

IMGP0038.JPG

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead. Looks like a disaster but a full stop and perch, no problem.
IMGP0049.JPG

IMGP0034.JPG

Well that's it. Time for me to eat, I'm starving. Looks like bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns tonight and grape juice. Have a nice evening.

Attachments

·
Watcher.
40,091 Posts

Reactions: mhambi

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
Well shots from today(75 no wind) from a very close location, I also switched up the feeders and it seems location may be more important than a particular feeder. This pic is showing the new location but before I switched the feeders again. When I did swap them I was a little over 3 feet from the Cactus feeder and a little over 2 feet from the old reliable blue feeder. See pic below this one. View attachment 858184
Now you have an idea how close, 3ft for green, 2 feet for blue(a tad over for both so best approx.)
View attachment 858196
Daisy May with her tongue out. Click on photo for larger version to see.
View attachment 858214
This one too, she has her tongue out barely.
View attachment 858226

View attachment 858228

View attachment 858232

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead. Looks like a disaster but a full stop and perch, no problem.
View attachment 858192

View attachment 858220

Well that's it. Time for me to eat, I'm starving. Looks like bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns tonight and grape juice. Have a nice evening.

Man I am proud of you my friend! Those are very very good pics! Getting better all the time. Be encouraged amigo! ;) Dang those are good!

And that supper sounds great as well... ;)

CM

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
MY former daughter in law, gave me this. Our son took it at the Ft. Worth stock show. Sorry about all the 'glare' in the glass... That's 'on me,' no way around it in 'this pic of the picture...' ;)
Now to get it on the wall!

CanyonMan

IMG_7507.jpg

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,576 Posts
Reactions: Papa glock

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,576 Posts
Well it's still gorgeous weather, mid 70s and virtually no wind. I'm doing a whole of experimenting with different locations(much closer) and my two brand new back-up feeders both are top-feeders. Seeing the purple feeder for the very first time. A pic of my shoot location taken just before the shots.
IMGP0073.JPG

Sure didn't take long at all to check the purple feeder out. Course it is also the furthest away but that was my choice to hopefully get them to check it out... no problem...
IMGP0064.JPG

IMGP0065.JPG

IMGP0071.JPG

IMGP0072.JPG

IMGP0074.JPG

IMGP0075.JPG

IMGP0076.JPG

IMGP0078.JPG

One bummer today tho, I missed probably the best shot of the summer. I looked out the kitchen window earlier and a hummer was doing a major splish splash in the fountain and I saw a whole lot of sparkly color. I went for my camera supposedly by the backdoor but no. I then went to my iMac desk and there it was, just one problem, the camera was open and the cartridge was still inside my iMac from last night(See I told you I was hungry). So I ejected the cartridge and put it in the camera. It was too late. Still I learned that a new hummer(maybe Max) really, really enjoyed himself playing and bathing for a record amount of time, maybe over 30-40 seconds. Oh well, ya can't win 'em all. Have a nice afternoon.

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
Well it's still gorgeous weather, mid 70s and virtually no wind. I'm doing a whole of experimenting with different locations(much closer) and my two brand new back-up feeders both are top-feeders. Seeing the purple feeder for the very first time. A pic of my shoot location taken just before the shots. View attachment 858820

Sure didn't take long at all to check the purple feeder out. Course it is also the furthest away but that was my choice to hopefully get them to check it out... no problem... View attachment 858812

View attachment 858814

View attachment 858816

View attachment 858818

View attachment 858822

View attachment 858824

View attachment 858826

View attachment 858828

One bummer today tho, I missed probably the best shot of the summer. I looked out the kitchen window earlier and a hummer was doing a major splish splash in the fountain and I saw a whole lot of sparkly color. I went for my camera supposedly by the backdoor but no. I then went to my iMac desk and there it was, just one problem, the camera was open and the cartridge was still inside my iMac from last night(See I told you I was hungry). So I ejected the cartridge and put it in the camera. It was too late. Still I learned that a new hummer(maybe Max) really, really enjoyed himself playing and bathing for a record amount of time, maybe over 30-40 seconds. Oh well, ya can't win 'em all. Have a nice afternoon.

Watching you evolve in the photography of these hummers, is a real blessing. Man these pics too, are very good, and clear and detailed, especially that last pic... Actually ALL of them are just simply great Hombre... ;)

I look forward to DM and Max 'next photo shoot..' Stories are great as well with the pics. I keep saying here, "I'm going to break out the photography equipment, but stuff (life) keeps taking me down other trails, and taking my time. Plus, I use older equipment, and the film I want, I cannot hardly find. May have to just stick with Fuji film 35mm, if I can even find that.

You keep up the good work and be thankful your 'models' don't charge for the photo sessions! haha.

Very cool amigo! ;)

CM

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
Well it certainly seems that your prepared to deal with all jinx and superstitious stuff this Halloween. "Knock On Wood"(First pic).

haha. Well I got "wood to burn.." ;)

CM

·
Registered
18,133 Posts
First decent sunrise I've had in the past several days.

IMGA0455.jpg

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,576 Posts
Well here is my location for today, look to the left of the green band midway on the tree and you can see my brown and green barstool(Finally got a no-slip cushion for it the other day) just to the left and down a bit.
IMGP0110.JPG

IMGP0091.JPG

IMGP0092.JPG

IMGP0117.JPG

This shot is just a big experiment using all the feeders at once, but I will only be using two on a regular basis, this helps to find out which two. I like the Cactus one the best, then the ole red and blue one.
IMGP0094.JPG

These were taken yesterday.
IMGP0079.JPG

IMGP0084.JPG

Not a hummer but almost as fast, it's my first good shot of bird using the birdbath. I am very close and he does see me but lets me snap off two shots, and why not he's very fast.
IMGP0081.JPG

IMGP0082.JPG

Well that's it for HummerLand today and guess what, no f***ing ants, not a single one. Have a nice evening, later.

PS: I won't be editing to enlarge anymore as the click on the picture in the post does a better job. I had used before just a little but after trying the click on the picture on the hummer pics I'm sold.

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
WOW! I tell ya amigo. You are runnin away with this man. ;) Don't stop. IF, I ever get to Kali, and I may, as I have a bunch of friends in AZ, and some in California as well, I'm comin to see ya and we'll eat some good grub, and take Hummer pics! haha.

Later...

CM

·
Super Moderator
19,628 Posts
Well here is my location for today, look to the left of the green band midway on the tree and you can see my brown and green barstool(Finally got a no-slip cushion for it the other day) just to the left and down a bit.
View attachment 859562

View attachment 859564
That's the best lighting angle (when the sun is shining) by far.
VERY nice detail on those shots!

5621 - 5640 of 5985 Posts