GlockTalk Forum banner

5541 - 5560 of 6010 Posts

·
In The Saddle
7,138 Posts
Well, first the fall leaves flew the coop (in the wind), now we're getting another subtle sign of the seasons changing...

View attachment 852298

3-4 inches of heavy wet stuff, the same week I twisted my back and was trying to take it easy. They say more is coming on Thursday, and the temps will probably keep it around for a while.

*sigh*

Send that snow this way for a few weeks at least.... ;)
I pray your back sprain clear up very quick amigo ! Take at easy for now.

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
18,179 Posts
Well, first the fall leaves flew the coop (in the wind), now we're getting another subtle sign of the seasons changing...

View attachment 852298

3-4 inches of heavy wet stuff, the same week I twisted my back and was trying to take it easy. They say more is coming on Thursday, and the temps will probably keep it around for a while.

*sigh*

That would be great on the wheat. We could use the moisture.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,606 Posts

View attachment 852298

*sigh*

Well since I left Illinois for California in 1978, I haven't been in any snow. I've seen snow on some of the surrounding mt. tops as that does happen occasionally. Anyway I'd love to be magically transported to your photo area for a day, otherwise I prefer this weather, maybe 73 and climbing with virtually no wind. I'm snapping more shots of the new hummer but on my Pentax. A shot taken now with my iPad.
image.jpeg

Course I live very close to the San Andreas Fault and October is "Earthquake Weather"(Loma Prieta Oct. 17 1989). Garden and Patio
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So I learned from Vietnam that tomorrow is never guaranteed so live life to the fullest. Most of us out here don't even think about Earthquakes, the last big one was in 1989, and anything under 5 doesn't count. We also don't have Earthquake Watches or Warnings and they aren't an annual event. I would never want to live in a Tornado, Hurricane, or Flood Zone area. Well take it easy, wish I was there for a day, maybe have a snowball fight. Later.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts

View attachment 852298

*sigh*

looks like here in the twin cities. And no, I'm not shoveling my driveway. I'm holding out that it will thaw before it snows again...

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,606 Posts
Well the new guy is back, same MO, and that't great for me. Number one, he don't give a crap about me and number two he doesn't perch so there's always action with him constantly darting in and out. He's consistent and that helps me time and place my shot. I'm going to call him "Max".
IMGP0014.JPG
IMGP0009.JPG

Below pics all edited vvv
IMGP0024.JPG

IMGP0025.JPG

Daisy May checking the sky above.
IMGP0020.JPG

Max has certainly added whole new dimension to photo shoots and more color as well, but Daisy May will always be my favorite, heck I knew her from over a year ago before any feeders. She would hang out sometimes on the line above as I was grilling, sometimes she would dance in the air above me and I would spin in circles below and she didn't leave, seems she liked the company. Later.

·
In The Saddle
7,138 Posts
Well the new guy is back, same MO, and that't great for me. Number one, he don't give a crap about me and number two he doesn't perch so there's always action with him constantly darting in and out. He's consistent and that helps me time and place my shot. I'm going to call him "Max". View attachment 852764 View attachment 852734
Below pics all edited vvv
View attachment 852740

View attachment 852742
Daisy May checking the sky above.
View attachment 852744
Max has certainly added whole new dimension to photo shoots and more color as well, but Daisy May will always be my favorite, heck I knew her from over a year ago before any feeders. She would hang out sometimes on the line above as I was grilling, sometimes she would dance in the air above me and I would spin in circles below and she didn't leave, seems she liked the company. Later.

The Max and Daisy May show...! Brought to us by Hummer, king of Kali Buzz birds, and low fly by's. Coming to a Grill time and supper time in your area. Stay tuned! Very cool saga amigo! Good job man!

Love it! ;)

CM

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,606 Posts
The Max and Daisy May show...! Brought to us by Hummer, king of Kali Buzz birds, and low fly by's. Coming to a Grill time and supper time in your area. Stay tuned! Very cool saga amigo! Good job man!

Love it! ;)

CM
Hey man thanks, I'm just lucky to have found a fantastic alternative to no live sports on tv watching. Max showing up with his bright colors and energetic antics really upped the fun level, who knows what's next, I sure don't. Thanks again for your kind words. I'm grilling the other half of that steak tonight but at least an hour earlier. Last night Had to turn on the patio light to finish supper and it was still hard to see. Later.

·
Registered
18,179 Posts
:hippie: ... :innocent:
Damn I'm slow. It took me long enough to figure that out!! But no, just a chocolate sweet tooth.

Reactions: Papa glock

·
In The Saddle
7,138 Posts
5541 - 5560 of 6010 Posts