GlockTalk Forum banner

5521 - 5540 of 5983 Posts

·
In The Saddle
7,119 Posts
This makes me think of CanyonMan- View attachment 851568

Hey amigo, it is nice to be thought about! ;)
You pretty much nailed it on that 'statement with pic.' haha.
Thanks!

They say was 3, at the time...

IMG_7435.jpg

This, when my son was little...

IMG_20140524_110903_857 - Copy.jpg

Grandson few years back...

0551 - Copy - Copy.jpg

ALL cowboy, all the time..... ;)

Thanks again....

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
In The Saddle
7,119 Posts
CanyonMan, here’s an old picture of me as a kid. I was a cowboy as a youngster-

View attachment 851852

There ya go Pard...! The Lone Ranger. Great pic and memories...

I think every kid, (at sometime) wants to be a cowboy. Even some adult kids! ;)
I thank God for this life. Glad I got to raise my kids on a ranch.

I tell folks that have come to the ranch over the years that are embarrassed when they discover they no nothing at all about anything going on, but yet they want to, and try like heck, that all it takes to be a "real cowboy," is HEART! ;) It's a matter of the heart!

Keep that heart amigo! ;)

CanyonMan

·
Watcher.
40,087 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
There ya go Pard...! The Lone Ranger. Great pic and memories...

I think every kid, (at sometime) wants to be a cowboy. Even some adult kids! ;)
I thank God for this life. Glad I got to raise my kids on a ranch.

I tell folks that have come to the ranch over the years that are embarrassed when they discover they no nothing at all about anything going on, but yet they want to, and try like heck, that all it takes to be a "real cowboy," is HEART! ;) It's a matter of the heart!

Keep that heart amigo! ;)

CanyonMan
The Lone Ranger was one of my childhood hero’s. I wore boots and cowboy hat all the time. Here I am on one of our horses we had when I was growing up. I miss those horses.

0BCB9ADE-15DB-4137-BF32-B4070A9B5545.jpeg

·
Registered
18,084 Posts
O I C U R M T - say it slow, it should come to you!

Another sign fall has arrived. Got the drills cleaned out and ready to put away.

IMGA0451.jpg

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,557 Posts
Well I just had to get these photos put in, taken about two hours ago. It is as I had been speculating, least for the last couple days. "There's A New Kid In Town"(Eagles). A male with an iridescent band almost completely around his neck. He's very jumpy not like Flash who is just aware and more used to the situation. Course the jumpiness led to some pretty good shots, here they are.
IMGP0017.JPG

IMGP0018.JPG

IMGP0020.JPG

IMGP0021.JPG

IMGP0022.JPG

These below are edited.
IMGP0024.JPG

IMGP0027.JPG

IMGP0028.JPG

Just to compare my best shot of Flash.
IMGP0010.JPG

Well I have to shave, shower, go to the bank and the store so later my friends.

·
In The Saddle
7,119 Posts
The Lone Ranger was one of my childhood hero’s. I wore boots and cowboy hat all the time. Here I am on one of our horses we had when I was growing up. I miss those horses.

View attachment 851888

Hey amigo, your a natural man! ;) LR would be proud of you! I remember at a rodeo when I was little, the LR and Tonto were there entertaining the crowd. Never will forget that. Some years ago I met Buck Taylor, (Newly on Gunsmoke) at a stock show, and became fairly good friends with him. Seen him a time or two since then. He has a ranch outside Abilene a ways, and else where as well.... Great guy, and cowboy.

Maybe you'll get another horse one of these days I hope. You live in some really great country to ride in...!

CM

·
In The Saddle
7,119 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Great stuff from you guys. It brings back many memories from my childhood. We immigrated from Germany in the mid 50's and ended up in the West due to where our sponsor lived and I was enamored with the Western Culture (translate: Cowboys). Our landlord's brother raised and raced quarter horses and when they were pastured, their son and I would ride them bareback in the pasture behind our house. While I was never a cowboy, I sure thought I was in those days and had the 6 shot cap guns with holsters, straw cowboy hat, and of course, the boots.

We were also privileged to live in a town that had one of the best rodeos in the country (Snake River Stampede) at the time, and my father worked in the food booth for the Jaycees. This allowed me to get in free. In those days, I got to see not only great cowboys but great entertainers as well. I got to see Gene Autry, Roy Roger, The Sons of the Pioneers, Rex Allen, and many more. What a rich American history.

My Dad moved with his job to Dallas when I was in my 30's and surprised me with some handmade boots made by Leddy Bootmakers. 40 years later, I am still wearing them.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Great stuff from you guys. It brings back many memories from my childhood. We immigrated from Germany in the mid 50's and ended up in the West due to where our sponsor lived and I was enamored with the Western Culture (translate: Cowboys). Our landlord's brother raised and raced quarter horses and when they were pastured, their son and I would ride them bareback in the pasture behind our house. While I was never a cowboy, I sure thought I was in those days and had the 6 shot cap guns with holsters, straw cowboy hat, and of course, the boots.

We were also privileged to live in a town that had one of the best rodeos in the country (Snake River Stampede) at the time, and my father worked in the food booth for the Jaycees. This allowed me to get in free. In those days, I got to see not only great cowboys but great entertainers as well. I got to see Gene Autry, Roy Roger, The Sons of the Pioneers, Rex Allen, and many more. What a rich American history.

My Dad moved with his job to Dallas when I was in my 30's and surprised me with some handmade boots made by Leddy Bootmakers. 40 years later, I am still wearing them.
That’s a fantastic story! Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
18,084 Posts
MMM! the house smells really good right now!

IMGA0452.jpg

·
Watcher.
40,087 Posts
:hippie: ... :innocent:

Reactions: flyover

·
In The Saddle
7,119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,613 Posts
Well, first the fall leaves flew the coop (in the wind), now we're getting another subtle sign of the seasons changing...

1stSnow20Mar2020.jpg

3-4 inches of heavy wet stuff, the same week I twisted my back and was trying to take it easy. They say more is coming on Thursday, and the temps will probably keep it around for a while.

*sigh*

5521 - 5540 of 5983 Posts